OMG! Tim Tams!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarahp sent me some Tim Tams at Christmas. It was the first time I had tried them and I thought I had died and went to Heaven!

I've been looking for them here for months, and I heard Super Value carried them but I don't live near a store. I was at Safeway today and was looking for lemon cookies and happened to look over the shelves as I do every time I'm there to see if they have Tim Tams.

Today they did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited that I grabbed a bunch and threw them into my cart.
I don't even remember how many packages I bought: 4 or 6. I'll find out when my groceries are delivered. They are actual "Arnots Tim Tams"

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In Safeway, eh? They do get around. I haven't noticed them in Safeway, but I can't say I've looked at all carefully, because I do have a convenient source. They certainly are addictive!
Congratulations on your discovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My groceries arrived and the first thing I dug out was some Tim Tams!
I bought 4 packages. I just hope they don't decide to discontinue them like everything else that I find that I like and want to buy again! I hate when they do that!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

I have to ask, what are TimTams? I am guessing they are cookies, but what kind?
I had to google it, but they sound delish!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

I have to ask, what are TimTams? I am guessing they are cookies, but what kind?
They are heaven in a biscuit!
It's an Australian biscuit that's becoming popular elsewhere

I think the American description is a "chocolate creme sandwich cookie" or something like that. Pepperidge Farm was making them for a limited time and selling them in Target across the US, but they've stopped
You can tell them you want them back here - http://www.ilovetimtamcookies.com/Discover.aspx

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a World Market they sell them their under Arnotts biscuits label. Another TCS member clued me in about this. They usually have them in stock so I always have a source!! I believe they sell the chocolate and the carmel ones.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow - I think I am one of the few that doesn't really like them.
I think they are overrated

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Wow - I think I am one of the few that doesn't really like them.
I think they are overrated
I don't like the plain ones but the limited editions are usually okay. I like the peppermint and also honeycomb ones at the moment - hopefully they will stick around for a while.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Tim Tams but I love Oreos better!

Thanks for the link, Sarah. I will write and tell them to bring Tim Tams back!

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had my first taste of tim-tams when I went to Australia as a Student Ambassador. I ended up buying like 20 boxes of them duty-free on the way home! lol. And just a couple years ago, one of my dad's colleagues in India brought some over for me when he came here. I wanted to marry him for his good deeds! mmmmmm.

As for the people that don't know what they are... My favorite are the ones with the caramel (there's a bunch of diff. kinds). They have like a cookie, with caramel on it and covered all around in chocolate. They are absolutely DELICIOUS!!! Orgasmically delicious