My sisters phony Rex looks like a Maine Coon Now

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd take those pictures and a copy of the "pedigree" and send it to CFA and show them about the falsification of this cat and the breeder.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder how many other people the breeder fooled with a phony Rex.
The kitty doesn't look like a purebred cat of any breed, at least to me
She is very adorable though and looks very loved!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her muzzle and eye shape are a bit Devon like, she looks well loved no matter what she is

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister does love her no matter what.
We know there is Devon Rex in her but she is not full Rex.
The worse part is the breeder keeps bad mouthing other breeders.

lele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she is devon at all, I would say she is an F1 outcross with a plain ole domestic short hair. Either way, any reputable breeder would have disclosed this and the registration papers would need to be noted as such. What cutie though

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacky, I had to laugh at your title - you're too funny!
I think there is Rex in her - you can see on her face, and her coat is also a little on the curly side.... However, purebred she is not... Also, she is very likely mixed with a long hair kitty, which is not an acceptable crossing for Rex. I would get the pictures and send it to CFA with all the emails, registration papers, contract, etc. I would also file a complaint with BBB to get the $$$ back.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry your sister got ripped off.

Unfortunately it happens with breeders and everything else. Where there is a way, people will find it to take money from someone and lie about what they are getting for it.

The money is gone, but the cat remains and your sister is attached to it and loves it. A lesson learned for your sister, get references! On the up side the cat has a great forever home, endearing itself to your sister.

All is not lost.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least my other sister will get a good Bengal.
My sister does love her and she will get a purebred someday.
She did learn her lesson.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lele

If she is devon at all, I would say she is an F1 outcross with a plain ole domestic short hair. Either way, any reputable breeder would have disclosed this and the registration papers would need to be noted as such. What cutie though
Only problem with that is domestics are not an allowable outcross. According to the CFA website only British and American shorthairs are allowed until 2013, then only Devons can be used.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Only problem with that is domestics are not an allowable outcross. According to the CFA website only British and American shorthairs are allowed until 2013, then only Devons can be used.
And that's not a short hair either... He is either a medium or long hair...

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister says her hair is long.
She is big but is not heavy at all.
Who knows what she really is.
She has sphynx also and they are TICA.
The Rex are CFA.
I wonder of her sphynx are decent.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Originally Posted by missymotus
And that's not a short hair either... He is either a medium or long hair...
Many British Shorthairs are longhair carriers. But that cat doesn't look even remotely as a BSH either.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her coat looks so much like my Jake's.

Thats him at about 12 weeks. The fleecy fur around her neck especially reminds me of his coat although you can't see it well in this pic. I have my suspicions that he may be a maine coon mix as well because he is very large, 15 pounds at 8 months and I'm seeing that elongated face in him now all of a sudden since he got older. That's so unfortunate that your sister got ripped off. I've been ripped off the same way when I bought a discounted rottweiler from a breeder that looked like a terrier of some sort when he got older, and stayed as big as a cocker spaniel. It feels really crappy
even though you obviously love your animal it hurts because those people are so disrespectful selling those animals without telling people what they are..