Member under the Spotlight 13 to 19 July!...GOING NOVA!!!.... :)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning dear Members of TCS…

Today is the turn of another cool member on the site... post here your daily questions for the member during a week, please ask all about you really wants to know and of course RESPECTING the own Privacy of our MEMBERS,... I want to mention that all questions here are just for the unique porpoise of fun and of course, to stay in touch with all members,.. of course sometimes some questions are a kind of silly but funniest in the bottom!....

SO lets begin….Let me introduce to you to:

GOING NOVA

Congratulations & Welcome, welcome, welcome,
at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today by myselfe, the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living … AJUA!!!..

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is located Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php

Enought for NOW,
....see you around my friend...:wavey

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!
I filled out my answers in the quote, in red.

Originally Posted by CoolCat

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city? I know Mexico as both a country and a city, but I have never been to Mexico city. I've seen it only in pictures.
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations? The last time I went to Mexico, I went to Cabo for vacation. I also went to San Felipe for vacation, and to the town my mom is from. Other than that, I've done short trips to Tijuana, as it's only a few hours away.
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is located Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php I have heard of MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida! I learned about it in high school, and I think it's beautiful!
4.- Can you speak spanish? Claro! Mi mamá es de Jalisco!
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it? I grew up listening to music in Spanish. I like a lot of Columbian artists (like Sonora Dinamita, Shakira, and Juanes) but I like a lot of Mexican artists too (like Jaguares, Mana, and Juan Gabriel).

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)Yes, I have! Mostly older ones with my parents. But I watch more modern ones with my boyfriend because he's interested in learning Spanish. (It started when he went on a trip to Mexico and realized how beautiful the women are, but he didn't know how to talk to them!
)

7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?) I love Mexican food! My favorites are pozole (a hominy soup), tamales (meat inside a corn mealy dough), and albondigas (meat ball soup, often with vegetables)I have to say, my mom's cooking is much better than going to a restaurant.

8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage? I do like Tequila... mostly in margarita form because it's refreshing.
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?No, I haven't. If you recommend it, I'll have to try it!
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
Yes. I've seen the traditional mexican clothes. For women, they're very colorful.
11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.phpI'd love to go to Cancun, but I've never been there.
Thanks for the questions! I never realized how long it would take to answer them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello again,
thank you
for your answers at my questions let me see for now
....The main Topic would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?
If I had to choose only one, I'd say "New Wave" (in general, "synthpop" from the late 1970s through the 1980s such as Joy Division and Depeche Mode). I really like pretty much everything though, some other genres I like: industrial, rock en Espanol, classic rock, indi, country, pop... all sorts of things!
2.- How many Cd´s do you have?
Only about a dozen. I mostly listen to music on my ipod or on Pandora
3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?
Thom Yorke from Radiohead. His voice is amazing!
4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female? Shakira, but lately I really like Cat Power and the vocalist from Cowboy Junkies. I also really like Amanda Palmer.
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????
I tried to listen to it just now, but their snazzy website is taking a long time to load on my slow research station internet.
6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???
I don't like to buy music unless I like the whole album, so I have very few CDs... but I do like pretty much everything by Radiohead and Shakira.
7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?
I've attended so many concerts! Radiohead, Misfits, Jaguares, Mana, Beck, Juanes, Depeche Mode, Bjork, Credence Clearwater Revival (minus John Fogerty), Bright Eyes, The Cure, Interpol, Muse, DeVotchka, Nine Inch Nails, Dresden Dolls, Brad Paisley, Sonora Dinamita (now called Sonora Show, I think)... and many others that I just can't remember right now.
8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,….
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx ) I'll listen to pretty much anything on FM, but FM doesn't hold a candle to Pandora. If you haven't tried it out, it's really neat. They suggest music based on bands that you like, you can reject music, and add a variety of artists. I love Pandora so much, I want to marry it. I haven't listened to the jazz station, amazingly that's one genre that doesn't really appeal to me!
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...
It depends on how well the tracks fit together! Maybe if I feel like a certain type of sound, then a CD. But if I feel like listening to love songs, maybe a mix!

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…For several years, I played the alto saxophone. I was in the marching band at school. I didn't spend a lot of time practicing, so I wasn't very good. Now, my saxophone sits in my closet. If I ever have children, I'll teach them how to play!
Thanks again for the questions! Keep them coming, I have work to do and am procrastinating!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…

Cheers my friend…

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could have as many cats as you wanted to have, and you would always have enough cat food and the litter boxes would magically clean themselves, how many cats would you have?

If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?

What is your absolute favorite thing to eat?

You said that you love Pandora, so what band or song is the basis for your favorite Pandora channel?

Do you like to read?

If you do like to read, what is your favorite type of book and/or favorite author?

Do you like to cook?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Do you like to dress up?

What is your least favorite chore?

I hope those are suitably fun and random.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies? I like science fiction and anime. I also like movies directed by Wes Anderson and movies directed by Stanley Kubrick.
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?:I don't collect movies! I think the internet has made it so that I don't. We have a subscription to Netflix, which is nice. They have some somewhat obscure movies, and a "watch it now" feature for when I'm impulsive and haven't mailed back my movie. So I don't really own any!
)
3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male? Bill Murray! He's funny, and I notice he plays the same kind of character in many movies- an unloved/unappreciated father/husband type.
I've thought... maybe he isn't acting!

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female? Gwyneth Paltrow
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist? Nope, never.
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)
I saw Britney Spears at a concert. (Not a Britney Spears concert. lol) I didn't know it was her until someone told me. I probably wouldn't recognize artists if I saw them in real life, I just don't expect them to be in the same place as me.

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?
I think I've never watched the Oscar Awards.
8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …
When I was in school, I thought it would be fun to be in a play. I'm shy in rela life, so I thought if I had to perform for an audience, it would help me to be less shy. It didn't work. I got a part in Crimes of the Heart (in which there are only 6 characters, so it was a big part), and every night before the performance I would hope the set would fall apart and I wouldn't have to perform.
I was so nervous, and I still get nervous when I think about it.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...
I'm not sure who I would like to meet. Someone who's nice in real life, I suppose!
10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
… I probably would not like that. I would not appreciate people hanging around my home trying to get pictures of celebrities, or worse- stalking them!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Nice to see you here!

Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

If you could have as many cats as you wanted to have, and you would always have enough cat food and the litter boxes would magically clean themselves, how many cats would you have?

If that were true, I would be limited by space, vet bills, and time. I would have as many as possible! Realistically, if the boxes could clean themselves and all the cat food is there... I would probably have time for loving 6-12 kitties.

If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
I've always wanted to do a European tour and visit all the major cities in various countries.

What is your absolute favorite thing to eat? Pizza! My SO and I both love Pizza! I think it is a pillar in our relationship

You said that you love Pandora, so what band or song is the basis for your favorite Pandora channel? I have two Pandora stations... one is based on Radiohead, Placebo, and Depeche Mode. The other is based on Mazzy Star and Nancy Sinatra.

Do you like to read? I love to read! I wish I could read for pleasure more often and not feel guilty about it because I have to read stuff for class too.

If you do like to read, what is your favorite type of book and/or favorite author? I'm not sure which type of book is my favorite,but my favorite authors are Albert Camus and Neil Gaiman. I also like Isaac Asimov, Arthur Clarke, and Jorge Luis Borges. My favorite books ever are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. I can read those two over and over.

Do you like to cook? No, I just like to eat!

How many pairs of shoes do you own? I own 3 pairs of high heels, 1 pair of dressy slip-ons, 2 pairs of casual slip-ons, 2 pairs of hiking boots, and 1 pair of slippers. Thats 9 pairs of shoes. One pair of hiking boots is a replacement for my current pair, which is pretty worn. I mostly only wear the slip ons. I think I don't have that many shoes.

Do you like to dress up? I do like to dress up, but maybe only long enough to take pictures. I'm way more comfortable in jeans!

What is your least favorite chore? Washing dishes! After I eat, I'm done with the kitchen!

I hope those are suitably fun and random.
They were! Thanks for the questions!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon Linda,...
Nice, but Nice Answers my friend...

I saw in one of your answers you´re fan of Radio Head,..
very good!..

You got all cds from this group?

You got some t-shirts of this group?...

did you learn some lirycs of his songs?...

I want to know this....

You said that you participate in a BJORK concert!
,...I believe she has a incredible art and un-forgetable voice too...
In where city was concert at you attended?...

How many Cd´s or Mp3 of Bjork do you have?...

Wich one is your favourite song from her?...

Have you ever to listened VOLTA?...

Well I think you got now for write!..

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the spotlight, Linda!

Do you like to swim?
What are some of your favorite travels?
Can you dance and do you like to go out and dance?
Can you sing?
How many siblings to you have?
Do you like wine?
Do you paint your fingernails?
Do you ever watch PBS?
Do you have a fav. show on PBS?
Are you good in Math? (Im guessing yes)
What is your favorite color?
Do you like to decorate?

Have fun, Linda.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Linda!

I also love Lewis Carroll!
Do you also enjoy Frank Baum and the Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz series of books? They're not nearly as sophisticated but...

Ever had "Chicago style" pizza? (Deep dish, and you'd probably consider it "upside down.") Do you like it?

Are you in Northern CA or Southern CA? Near the coast?

How many places have you lived in your life?

If you have brothers and sisters, how many, and where are you in the line-up? Are you close to any of them?

Did you get to meet any of your grandparents? If so, what's your fondest memory with/of any of them?

Does your family get together for holidays?

Best vacation you ever took?

Are you attending school full time? Do you work part time? Do you do any volunteer work?

Laurie

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are a few for you. I didn't get in here right off the mark, so there'll be some overlap with questions you've already had, but I think I'll leave the set as is and let you do with it what you will. The theme is (mostly) desert island, i.e. suppose you were stranded on one... and don't worry about the technology to support your choices, that will be taken care of...

1. What would be your five Desert Island CDs? They don't need to come from your own collection. Why would you choose these particular ones?

2. You might also want some reading material. What would be your five Desert Island books? Why?

3. What else would you like to have with you to occupy your time and your mind?

4. You'll also need food. If you could have only two or three foods and nothing else, what would you choose? Why?

5. If you could have one human companion, who would that be? Why?

This one is not part of the theme:

6. If you came into a large sum of money -- an unexpected inheritance, a winning, whatever, but "set-you-up-for-life" big -- what would be the first four things you would do?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again! I was sad because there weren't many questions, and now I have too many!

I saw in one of your answers you´re fan of Radio Head,..
very good!..

You got all cds from this group?
I wish! I'm missing Pablo Honey, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief. I bought a record player because I thought it'd be really cool to have them all in vinyl, but it was expensive to buy records so I sold my record player instead.

You got some t-shirts of this group?...
I don't have T-shirts of any groups. I used to be very very small, and Tshirts always fit me big. One time, I bought a Misfits Tshirt in size small but it was very big on me. I gave it to a friend, but it was too small for him. He cut off the sleeves so it would fit his arms. Then we went to a Misfits concert, and afterward the lead singer was signing autographs. We asked him to sign the shirt, and he looked so surprised that it didn't have sleeves!

did you learn some lirycs of his songs?...
Yes! Although, sometimes it's difficult to understand what he's saying!
I did a karaoke of the song "Optimistic" and it sounded very bad!

I want to know this....

You said that you participate in a BJORK concert!
,...I believe she has a incredible art and un-forgetable voice too...
In where city was concert at you attended?...
We saw her at the Coachella Valley Music Festival. Lots of great bands come together and perform on a large field over the course of three days. It's very hot and uncomfortable at that festival, so I don't go anymore.

How many Cd´s or Mp3 of Bjork do you have?...
I don't have any! I once dated a boy who had so many CDs, that I never bought any of my own.

Wich one is your favourite song from her?...

My favorite song by Bjork is "All is full of love"
Have you ever to listened VOLTA?...
I've heard some of it, but not from start to finish. It does have some intresting instrumentation/sound combinations!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there!

Originally Posted by Pami

Do you like to swim?I do like to "swim" and by swim I mean bobble in the water. My arms get tired so quickly that I just kind of dog paddle to stay afloat.

What are some of your favorite travels? My very favorite was when I went to Kyrgyzstan. We were at such high elevations (between 12000 and 13000 feet), that it snowed in July. I spent 3 weeks in a tent. Prior to that I had only car camped for two nights. I had a great time, though I got very sick both from food and from altitude. Altitude kind of makes you hungry, but it also makes it difficult to digest (use the restroom...) so you can imagine what happened!

Can you dance and do you like to go out and dance?I can't dance! I tried different types of dancing with friends. One was Tango, which wasn't bad. I think as long as you pivot on your heels and have a good partner to lead you, you can look OK doing it. I also tried Salsa, and that was a bit more disasterous. One of my shoes came off and flew across the dance floor. I had to tell my partner to hold on while I retrieved it.

Can you sing? Not at all! I have a kid voice, and could probably be featured as a bad audition on American Idol

How many siblings to you have?I'm my mom's only child, but on my dad's side I have 5 half-sisters and 1 half-brother. I grew up with my mom, so I didn't really have anyone to play with when I was little.

Do you like wine? Wine is OK, but I often get a headache after drinking it. Why is that?

Do you paint your fingernails?This is something that I don't know how to do.
Do you ever watch PBS?I don't watch PBS. When I was little, I did! I watched Sesame Street!
Do you have a fav. show on PBS? Sesame Street! Mr. Rogers! I think I remember that Dr. Who was on PBS, but I never liked that show. I haven't watched it as an adult because of how it plays in my memory, which is probably distorted. The way I remember it is he runs back into the phone booth at the end.

Are you good in Math? (Im guessing yes) I'm good at some math. Math for every day life, practical things I am good at. Somewhat abstract math for interpretting science experiments, I'm not so good at.

What is your favorite color? Red

Do you like to decorate? I do like to decorate! If only I had the money for it. We recently moved into a new apartment, so we bought a dining table, a TV stand, a couch, and a rug. It was very exciting because we didn't have any of those things at our old place. My SO jokes that our old place looked like a "heroin den"

Have fun, Linda.
Thanks for the questions! I have to get back to work for now
but I will be back to answer some more.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

I also tried Salsa, and that was a bit more disasterous. One of my shoes came off and flew across the dance floor. I had to tell my partner to hold on while I retrieved it.
this is classic

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you ever been to the UK

Do you like doing housework?

What's you favourite perfume

Do you like shopping

You see a bundle of $$$. Do you keep it or hand it in...Now be honest!!

What's the household chore in the house that you hate doing

Sweet or savoury

Night owl or morning bird

High heels or flats

Jim jams or nightie

What sort of cell phone do you have

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

...I also tried Salsa, and that was a bit more disasterous. One of my shoes came off and flew across the dance floor. I had to tell my partner to hold on while I retrieved it.

Do you like wine? Wine is OK, but I often get a headache after drinking it. Why is that?
Could be the sulfates - some people are allergic to them and that causes the headache. But if you get a headache after drinking other liquor too, it's because you're not hydrated enough while drinking alcohol, which dehydrates you. If you drink a lot of water while "drinking," that can take care of the hangover problem.

Laurie

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Could be the sulfates - some people are allergic to them and that causes the headache. But if you get a headache after drinking other liquor too, it's because you're not hydrated enough while drinking alcohol, which dehydrates you. If you drink a lot of water while "drinking," that can take care of the hangover problem.

Laurie
I think it might be sulfates. My head doesn't hurt after drinking other things. Sake is quite a bit easier to drink, and the brewing process is also interesting.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Hey Linda!

I also love Lewis Carroll!
Do you also enjoy Frank Baum and the Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz series of books? They're not nearly as sophisticated but...
I haven't read them, but I will give them a try. All of my reading lately has been for school.

Ever had "Chicago style" pizza? (Deep dish, and you'd probably consider it "upside down.") Do you like it? I haven't had Chicago style pizza, but that sounds good. I'll eat pizza deep dish, thin crust, upside down, right side up, in a box and with a fox!

Are you in Northern CA or Southern CA? Near the coast? I'm in Southern CA, inland. I think I'm between 1 and 2 hours from the coast. I've spent my last few summers in mountains, and haven't been to the beach in years.

How many places have you lived in your life? I've only ever lived in California.
California is pretty big, and I did live in central California when I was a little girl, but most of my life has been within a 100mile radius of Los Angeles.

If you have brothers and sisters, how many, and where are you in the line-up? Are you close to any of them? I have 5 half sisters and a half brother. I'm not really close to any of them, I think mostly because of the age difference. The next youngest is maybe 15 years older than me. I'm closer in age to their children, and was the maid of honor in my niece's wedding.

Did you get to meet any of your grandparents? If so, what's your fondest memory with/of any of them?I didn't get to meet my mother's parents, but it's probably best because they're remembered as being somewhat mean. I did meet my dad's parents when I was 4 years old. They were very nice, and gave me a bag of pecans. I'm glad my parents thought to take a picture, because that was the only time I ever met them.

Does your family get together for holidays?My mom and dad both come from big families, but don't really get together with their brothers and sisters during the holidays. My dad has many children, and we do gather for the holidays. I didn't grow up with them, but the gatherings are a lot of fun. I think it would have been fun to grow up in a big family.

Best vacation you ever took? I'm starting to learn to vacation, and I'd like to do it more often. I haven't done a lot of vacationing, but the best one was a week long trip to Cabo. The food was so good, and the beaches were gorgeous.

Are you attending school full time? Do you work part time? Do you do any volunteer work?I do go to school full time. Fortunately, I'm paid to do the research I'm doing (which counts toward my coursework), so I don't have to work another job. I don't do volunteer work now, though I'd like to. In the past, I mentored high school students and taught English to migrant workers.

Laurie
Time for work.
I'll get back to the remaining questions in a bit.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooooo, Southern CA, LA area! And you've been up in the mountains. So... have you been up to Big Bear?

Gary and I lived on the road in our RV full time for 10 or so years. We spent one of them up in Big Bear (our job was based in LA at the time and at that point the firm just flew us places
) and not only was it gorgeous - after having lived in a million places all over the country, we decided that the nicest people (as a community) were in Big Bear!

OK. More questions. (Apart from the Big Bear question.
)

Have you ever been sailing?
Skiing?
Water skiing?
Surfing?
Snowboarding?
Ice skating?
Roller skating/blading?
Canoeing?
Whitewater rafting?

Name three things you don't like about yourself and three things you like about yourself.

Laurie