Daily Thread Monday July 13th

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks!

Welp, it's Monday..I am back to work today. Not too happy about it. There will likely be 235 messages for me and 46 other things to do as well. Coming back to work is so depressing after such a whirlwind couple of weeks. Ah well, it has to be done!

I think we are going to try and look at a few apartments tonight... We are moving out into a 2 bedroom for September 1st. Josh needs an office and we need more closet space.

It's mild and a ittle rainy today..brrrr. Where is summer!?

Anyhoo, have a lovely day folks!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome back Mrs. H. Tis nice to see you this morning..... You were missed.
Hope you had a great time on your honeymoon, and I hope that your first day back at work goes well.

It's looking to be a nice day today, cool but sunny..... a nice day for a walk perhaps. We'll see on that one.

I have physio at 10, and am bringing the girls with me so they can hit the library.

I'm going to drive there, then let them bike home afterwards.... they are becoming lazy butts so this will do them good.

I have to meet someone at 11.... the reason, it's a surprise

and that's bout it for our day.

I am in a good mood, despite sleeping like crap. Which reminds me, I need to call the Doc office again
I made a mistake at my last appt. when getting my meds renewed, I thought I still had a scrip on hold for a sleeping pill but when I called the pharmacy to refill it (couple wks after my appt) I was wrong. So called Dr office on Sat. and they said they'd get it fixed up, called pharmacy, no call from Doc office
so I have to call them again today. So hopefully we get that cleared up.... Hmmmm, maybe I'll just pop in instead, since I have physio this morning.

Have a great day folks

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Send us down some cool, and I'll send you some summer. Been around 100 (and more!) for a couple of weeks now.

Did you hear that 2008 was the coolest year, worldwide, since 1998?

Today is shelter day. I'm hoping they have the new shelter building open. It has a dedicated room for playing with kitties.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talk about cool weather-the heat kicked on in the house this morning as the temp in the kitchen was 58F. Outside it was 50F!! In northern Wisconsin the temps were in the low 40's!!

We are warming up to 80F the next couple of days with hopefully some rain tomorrow night but then back down to upper 70's daytime and mid 50's nighttime.

My thinking is if its not raining at least have cool temps so the watering of the flower beds and veg gardens can be stretched out a bit farther.

Back to a normal routine at least for today. Unfortunately yesterday my only day off in a week was not relaxing as we had company in the mid-morning to early afternoon then DH invited them for dinner as well as 4 more people so I had to run to grocery store and prepare the food.
Grrr.......

So have some laundry to put away then work then hopefully wash the truck tonite and go for a bike ride.

Grizzly is by my feet keeping them warm and the others are enjoying the weather outside.

Have a good one..............

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

SUnny but a little cool this morning but that's okay I am not into the really hot weather.

Busy day for me today. I am writing a four hour test this afternoon. I decided to get my accounting degree so this is the first step. It's something I been thinking about for a bit so decided to go for it.

So everyone wish me luck...

The kitties are good, were up at 4 this morning tearing around the house like little bashee's.

Everyone have a good day

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Busy day for me today. I am writing a four hour test this afternoon. I decided to get my accounting degree so this is the first step. It's something I been thinking about for a bit so decided to go for it.
ohhh, good luck
that the test goes well.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Morning All!

I'm finally getting used to the weather here, which is a heck of a lot more humid than back home. It's been a gorgeous trip, though.

I'm off to the conference hall again this morning to try and meet on of my favorite authors and finish off the exhibits, then I'll try to get some sightseeing in, have one last class this afternoon and and International function this evening...then my boss wants to go find an Blues Club, so I have no idea when I'll be getting to bed.

Hope everyone has a good one.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back to the real world!!! I hope you had fun on your honeymoon

I'm so tired today. I couldn't fall asleep until about 3 am this morning and I had to get up around 7 am in order to have a shower. The water is being turned off in my building all day today so I wanted to have a shower and do my dishes and collect a huge pot of water before they turned the water off at 8 am.

I don't think the guy upstairs realized the water was going to be turned off. The notice was on the front window in the same place as the old notice stating the name of the rental agency had changed. In fact, I almost missed it too because it looked so similar. Usually the caretaker puts up a piece of paper with a hand written note. Anyway, I heard him in the bathroom at his usual time at 8:15 am. I heard the shower doors slam shut and then some stomping around in the tub and then the shower doors slam open.

In an hour I'm leaving for a 90 minute massage!!
and then off to Safeway to buy some food. I actually feel like cooking something today. Hopefully the feeling will stick around long enough for me to actually do that!

After that I'm going to nap and then I have some computer work to do. I beta test content for some 3D graphic programs and I have a couple of large packages to check over.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tierre0;2675176 said:
Morning All!!

QUOTE]

GOOD LUCK!!!! And
to you for taking that first step!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

ohhh, good luck
that the test goes well.
Oh my gosh I forgot how exhausting writing exams were. I just got home a few minutes ago and my head is pounding. I think I did really well though, I am surprised how it alll came back to me..the only difficulty I had was with the stupid algebra questions but I think I did okay. Now I am going to get a nice cold drink, put my feet up and relax for a bit before dinner.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Oh my gosh I forgot how exhausting writing exams were. I just got home a few minutes ago and my head is pounding. I think I did really well though, I am surprised how it alll came back to me..the only difficulty I had was with the stupid algebra questions but I think I did okay. Now I am going to get a nice cold drink, put my feet up and relax for a bit before dinner.
LOL.... yup, I remember that feeling when I returned to school. It is exhausting. Definately cause for some relaxation