Husband is getting a Maine Coon

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So we went to our first cat show last weekend and my husband was absolutelly head over heels over a beautiful silver Maine Coon cat. He was so excited he sent me over to the cat's owner, who answered all my questions and was very nice. She does not breed them but gave us the card to the breeder her beautiful cat came from.
He did a bit of internet research and contacted his chosen breeder. They have a very nice breeding program and soon will breed towards a litter of silvers. They have been e-mailing each other, is so cute. My husband was NOT a cat person until he met me. Now we have two ragdolls and I am proud to say he is on the waiting list for that specific cat's litter. They have not yet been bred, it will take place at the end of the month or so...........sooooo we are hoping in January we will have a new member to our family.
I wish you could see his e-mail, I about died laughing.....he sounded like the crazy cat lady I am
. Oh, I didn't mentioned he is also very tall, shaved head, goatee and covered in tattoos.
But then well.....cats are so amazing, there is not a profile on how cat lovers should look like

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention this is also helping him heal his heart. Just this past weekend he had to give all his 3 snakes to one of his good friends who is also very into reptiles. All due to house insurance issues. They wanted to raise our house insurance tremendously if not drop it all together.
So now he has something to look forward to

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks on the house insurance issue - never heard of that! But its cute, I agree. Hubby was so excited at the show to tell me to "go see the baby leopard in Ring 1" when he met the Ocicats. Then by the end of the show, he told me "I wont' one of those leopard cats".....lol

Now we have 2 Ocicats and I'd like a 3rd one in the future (lavendar-silver male). We have a chocolate spotted (hubby's cat) and cinnamon spotted (my cat). That was our color choices. Took over a year to convience hubby we really needed to get another Oci for Charlie to play with!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rockstarkitties

So we went to our first cat show last weekend and my husband was absolutelly head over heels over a beautiful silver Maine Coon cat. He was so excited he sent me over to the cat's owner, who answered all my questions and was very nice. She does not breed them but gave us the card to the breeder her beautiful cat came from.
He did a bit of internet research and contacted his chosen breeder. They have a very nice breeding program and soon will breed towards a litter of silvers. They have been e-mailing each other, is so cute. My husband was NOT a cat person until he met me. Now we have two ragdolls and I am proud to say he is on the waiting list for that specific cat's litter. They have not yet been bred, it will take place at the end of the month or so...........sooooo we are hoping in January we will have a new member to our family.
I wish you could see his e-mail, I about died laughing.....he sounded like the crazy cat lady I am
. Oh, I didn't mentioned he is also very tall, shaved head, goatee and covered in tattoos.
But then well.....cats are so amazing, there is not a profile on how cat lovers should look like
Well now you must post a pic of your guy!
Tats are just art we wear on our skin, no need for kitties or humans to fear!
How do cat lovers look? They look like us! tats, no tats, shaved head or hair all crazy, they are we and we are them, ku ku ka chooo.

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, house insurance is getting worse and worse....you can no longer have certain animals they consider "dangerous" From dogs(pitbulls, rotweillers, German Shepperds, Dobermans...even Chow Chows!!!), to exotic animals like snakes. To be honest they even asked us what kind of cats we have. Sad thing, and shelters are now getting even more animals due to insurance companies denial to cover the owners. awful

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet you can not wait to get a kitten.
I am getting another sphynx only I am picky because it has to be show quality.
Can you pm me the Maine Coon Breeder?
I tried to talk my husband into a dog but he said no and he loves dogs.
He does not like cats but said yes to another sphynx.
He will feed them though and change the pans.
What cat show did you go to?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I love Maine Coons. I helped my brother find a breeder for one a while ago. He wanted a black Maine Coon and not a lot of breeders breed for that color so it took a while to find a good breeder. His cat is two years old now, she's a great cat and made me really fall in love with the breed. Actually come to think of it she also came home in January, she was born the day before Halloween which is very appropriate(black cat)!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll love a maine coon. They are big laid back gentle cats. But be aware, they leave deposits of fur everywhere! Your vacuum cleaner will be putting in some overtime.

Here's our boy Rum Runner

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

You'll love a maine coon. They are big laid back gentle cats. But be aware, they leave deposits of fur everywhere! Your vacuum cleaner will be putting in some overtime.
He is beautiful.....I cannot wait! I have been talking hubby into considering a retired cat instead of a kitten though. There is just something very special about adopting a slightly older cat. We will see......Plus they are more affordable than a kitten...and we could use the extra money we save for a nice vaccumm cleaner