TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Some people just don't care about cats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some people just don't care about cats

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I think I have been very naive and I should NEVER EVER have given that precious little kitten back. I've just found some thing out that has made me so sick and so mad.
I phoned the person who took Galileo back after realizing her son wasn't allergic to see how he was getting on. Precious little Galileo started peeing on their carpet a couple of days a go. She couldn't have him around the house doing that not hygenic so she gave him to some one free on the internet.
How could she? I'd have taken him back and took complete and utter care of him for the rest of his life. He was so precious. He could have gone anywhere. I asked who she gave him too, she just didnt seem to care, some guys came round to her house with a cat carrier and took him. Who were they? where wer they taking him she didn't seem to have a clue. When I asked her why she didnt just phone me she said I've already got more than enough pets and I get too stressed and bthered about cats. I agree her son should come before the cat but the cat should still have some priority. That cat was part of her family !! I'm so mad and sad and crying again.

oh how can some people just be so thoughtless, from the day he was born hes been from his mum to the petshop then to there house and then my house and then back to there house and I hope finally some random persons house all in the space of thirteen weeks !

I'm very wary of people who take kittens free from the internet, I've read bad stories about dog fighting and people getting them for bait, also to sell them on at a profit, even for illegal testing (tho I guess thats rare).. I'll never know what will happen to that kitten now and I feel so guilty I had him here safe. I should never have trusted her with him

Galileo
post #2 of 27
I am so sorry ... Let's hope he is ok... There are lots of good people on the internet too - many vibes that he went with a good person .
That lady is unbelievable though - I hope she never has another pet; she doesn't deserve it.
post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thats true too. Its sad but so true some people just dont appreciate that animals are living beings too with thoughts, feelings and emotions. We share this planet with these other beings we must appreciate and care for them as they are smaller more delicate than us. Some people just dont get it -sigh- actually I'm glad she hasn't got him now and I hope hes gone to a good home At least now shes given him to a stranger she cant go running after him to get him back.
post #4 of 27
Oh my gosh! I saw the other thread and now this? I just can't BELIEVE this lady! I just hope and pray that this stranger takes better care of this baby thanshe did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianKitten View Post
Its sad but so true some people just dont appreciate that animals are living beings too with thoughts, feelings and emotions. We share this planet with these other beings we must appreciate and care for them as they are smaller more delicate than us.
Well said.
post #5 of 27
Oh no! Maybe try posting an ad where ever she did? Something along the lines of "Looking for cat that was given away. Cat peed on carpet."

Oh I hope this has a happy ending.....
post #6 of 27
Oh no! I am so sad for you and the little one.
There ARE good people out there, we here are all examples of the internet, not everyone is out to hurt. I hope he is in a good home with loving people, though I am scared for him as well I want to think the best.
post #7 of 27
I would love to give her a piece of my mind.
post #8 of 27
Seems like this "friend" is really purposely toying with your emotions. She is not a friend.

No wonder the cat started peeing on the carpet. Imagine how confused he was about which home he lived in.

I'm so, so sorry this happened to you and Galileo.
post #9 of 27
That is such BS!
I would post on craigslist that you are looking for YOUR kitty and hope he has a good home. Try to get in contact with who took your kitty. It might work Then, when they try to get rid of kitty you can be there.
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococat View Post
That is such BS!
I would post on craigslist that you are looking for YOUR kitty and hope he has a good home. Try to get in contact with who took your kitty. It might work Then, when they try to get rid of kitty you can be there.


that's a good idea. You could post that you are missing your kitten and maybe post a picture and explain the situation and see what comes up

lots of and
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococat View Post
That is such BS!
I would post on craigslist that you are looking for YOUR kitty and hope he has a good home. Try to get in contact with who took your kitty. It might work Then, when they try to get rid of kitty you can be there.
That's not a bad idea!
post #12 of 27
You know, I feel so sorry for you, and the kitten, and the little boy! I keep thinking that the woman will definitely have some bad karma down the road, but what kind of mom is she? Think of the poor little boy when she gave the kitten away, again! Hopefully the kitten found another wonderful forever home, or maybe you can try posting on the net and seeing what happens, but I just hope she's a better human mommy than a cat mommy.
post #13 of 27
I am SO sorry you are going through this
post #14 of 27
I am so sorry this has happened!!! I agree with Craiglist, you may post there AND do a little search on people looking for kittens. If they posted there the post might still be up and you can contact them and hopefully find out who adopted him.
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlili View Post
You know, I feel so sorry for you, and the kitten, and the little boy! I keep thinking that the woman will definitely have some bad karma down the road, but what kind of mom is she? Think of the poor little boy when she gave the kitten away, again! Hopefully the kitten found another wonderful forever home, or maybe you can try posting on the net and seeing what happens, but I just hope she's a better human mommy than a cat mommy.
And you know that the worst part is that down the road, the same thing will happen again!
post #16 of 27
Wow! Some people are absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. I frequently browse the craiglist pet section and I am baffled by the number of people giving away their cats for free. I could never imagine giving my kitty to some random stranger. Unbelievable....I hope this woman never owns another pet
post #17 of 27
I agree with those who are suggesting the ads. What a witch!
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlili View Post
I just hope she's a better human mommy than a cat mommy.
i'm afraid i don't believe she is... i mean, back & forth - like another poster said, how does her little boy feel, now?

i agree, also, that posting about looking to take him back from whomever got him is worth a try - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

too bad there's not some kind of 'blacklist' for people who are poor pet owners that you could put her on!
post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thanks all for your support. That poor little kitten. I've not had the internet working for a couple of days but I did put an ad in the local paper. I'm even offering to give a good amount of money to get this baby safely back with us but as of yet nothing. Craiglist is another good idea and I'll try the other pet sites. He was so beautiful and so precious and now who knows where he is.. I feel like saying to her so what would you do if you kid puked up all over your new dress, what would you rehome him too. Lol hmmm

I agree with Lauren there should be a sort of black list. I always think People should have a licence to own animals (specific animals at that as each different species needs different thigns).So they'd be a horse licence, cat licence, dog licence etc. People should work hard to obtain a licence (go to classes, show an honest and strong interest in the animal they want to own, show they know whats involved in that animals care). If people can't do that then no licence for them. And even if they did and got their licence, they could have it challanged by others and removed if shown to not be responsible. It would save so much misery.

No one would let you walk out of a maternity ward with a baby if you hadn't a clue what the baby needed and how to care for it. Same should be said for pet shops. Kittens are living things !!!!!
post #20 of 27
When you think of how many children are in foster care and state custody due to abuse or neglect, and see how many more should be I think that they do let them walk out of the hospital with no concept of how to care for them, (at least here in the states).

As many neglected, abused or abandoned cats and dogs and even an Easter Bunny who had the audacity to grow up as have been brought of found their way to my door I would be fully in favor of mandatory liscencing for pet owners.

The health and behaviour issues these guys have by the time I get them are awful. I have one cat who was so afraid it took nearly two years to be able to pet her! One with a leg so badly infected that after a year of treatments and minor surgery it required amputation. A dog who'd spent two years living in a pen ankle deep in his own waste being fed nothing but table scraps. And he was heartworm positive.

Oops, sorry for the rant.
post #21 of 27
Thread Starter 
Oh dear how sad all those poor creatures. I was thinking earlier this woman was awful but shes probably just the tip of the ice berg. So true too so many children being neglected. It really makes you wonder why can't people just think before they take on the huge responsibility of caring for a life? Peoples don't think tho I guess and there in lies the problem
grrr
post #22 of 27
Some people are just too self centered for their own good. But karma has a way of biting people like her in the butt.
post #23 of 27
I couldn't live with thinking the worst of what could have happened to him. So think good thoughts! Maybe he is with a really loving happy family who adores him and maybe he has other kitties who are now becoming his best friends. Maybe right now he is curled up with his other kitty friends or on the chest of his owner while they are watching tv.

The woman is truly a pip but maybe the people who have him are better than her. We have to have faith. It is just too sad otherwise.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi1puss View Post
Maybe he is with a really loving happy family who adores him and maybe he has other kitties who are now becoming his best friends. Maybe right now he is curled up with his other kitty friends or on the chest of his owner while they are watching tv.

.
True, just because they answered an ad run by someone who shouldn't own a pet doesn't mean that they are the same as her. Just the membership on this and other boards proves that there are many real animal lovers in the world who will provide for them as they would a two legged family member.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
When you think of how many children are in foster care and state custody due to abuse or neglect, and see how many more should be I think that they do let them walk out of the hospital with no concept of how to care for them, (at least here in the states).

As many neglected, abused or abandoned cats and dogs and even an Easter Bunny who had the audacity to grow up as have been brought of found their way to my door I would be fully in favor of mandatory liscencing for pet owners.

The health and behaviour issues these guys have by the time I get them are awful. I have one cat who was so afraid it took nearly two years to be able to pet her! One with a leg so badly infected that after a year of treatments and minor surgery it required amputation. A dog who'd spent two years living in a pen ankle deep in his own waste being fed nothing but table scraps. And he was heartworm positive.

Oops, sorry for the rant.
When I hear stories like this it always makes me cry ... those poor lil innocents.

I love the "black list" idea, but where would it be posted? Russian, I think you should definitely start one, with that woman's name on it. Maybe drop it off at your local shelter, at least let them know what happened. Most shelters are pretty picky about who they adopt out to.

One more thing we can do is pray. I try to pray each day for these innocent, helpless creatures and for all children, women and men who are victims of cruel abuse. I'm not always faithful to my prayer life, but I will renew my efforts for sure!
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianKitten View Post
I agree with Lauren there should be a sort of black list. I always think People should have a licence to own animals (specific animals at that as each different species needs different thigns).So they'd be a horse licence, cat licence, dog licence etc. People should work hard to obtain a licence (go to classes, show an honest and strong interest in the animal they want to own, show they know whats involved in that animals care). If people can't do that then no licence for them. And even if they did and got their licence, they could have it challanged by others and removed if shown to not be responsible. It would save so much misery.
I don't know if I agree with making an animal owner license that hard to get. If it had been that way from the beginning it would work, because overpopulation wouldn't have happened, but we need so many homes now that setting up a barrier to someone getting started seems like it would, at least in the short term, create more problems than it would solve. But, something simple...like a small book to read and a test to take on it, like the driver's manual and written test to get the learner's permit, could be part of adopting the first cat. Something to make people aware that they have to use common sense.

I do think, though, that there should be a pretty tough licensing process for breeding cats, and that should be applied to anyone with cats that are capable of being accidentally bred.
post #27 of 27
When I was looking to adopt a cat, I was looking at Craigslist. My widget is a very spoiled shelter cat. Good people are out there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Some people just don't care about cats