So scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed that Villy had lost some weight, so I took her to the vets on Tuesday and got her checked out. They did her bloods - kidneys, liver, thyroid - all fine. She has lost half a kilo though, she only weighs 3.3 kilos now. She's up to date with her vaccinations, worming and flea treatment.

Last night she looked really uncomfortable, it looked like a big effort for her to breathe and she's just not looking any better, she's moulting heaps, and looking skinny. She is still eating and playing a little.

I took her back to the vets this morning, and she has a heart murmour. The vets kept her in to x-ray her. The x-rays came back - she has fluid on her lungs. They have drained away some of the fluid and are sending it away to find out what's caused it to be there and what cells are in it. they are giving her a diuretic - can anyone tell me why?

I'll know more in the morning. I wish I could help my girl, I miss her so much and hate to think of her alone at the vets right now, especially if she's not feeling well. I just wish I could cuddle her and kiss her and fuss her and make her feel better.

Roxy misses her too.

This is so tough

I'm sending vibes to my girl

I love you Villy and wish I could make you all better

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm no expert, but a diuretic is to get rid of fluid, so if theres fluid on her lungs that might be to make sure she doesn't get a build up of it again?.

I know your stressed, we would all be, but write down any questions you want answered and get the vet to answer them

Lots of healthy coming for Villy. Hold Roxy close because you both need each other tonight

Keep us updated though?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Susan. Roxy looks a bit fed up. I'm giving her lots of cuddles and kisses. I wish I could explain things to her. But then maybe she'd be as worried as me.

I just makes me cry to think of poor Villy alone and not feeling well at the vets.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Villy I love you

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

I wish I could explain things to her. But then maybe she'd be as worried as me.

I just makes me cry to think of poor Villy alone and not feeling well at the vets.
Tell her whats happening Jessy.

Villy won't be alone don't worry, the nurses will keep checking on her, and i'm sure they'll be having a bit chat with her as well as giving her a few scritches

maxiecat03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that Villy isn't feeling well...but by being at the Vet's...she's feeling better than if nothing had been done. It's sad that you can be with her.....she'll rest, feel better, and there will be lots of smiles when you see her again.

Keep us posted on the test results...sending healing hugs in the meantime...

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best wishes for your baby - and I agree to tell her what's going on - but the nurses are keeping an eye on her and talking to her. Prayers that she's home and healthy with you soon.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone

Ok so Villy came home yesterday

But, she has to go back on Friday for another x-ray.
Her breathing is a bit better but not brilliant.
The fluid is in her chest cavity.
You are right Susan, the diuretics are to help clear the fluid.
She still has a heart murmour.
We are waiting on the results of the tests on the fluid from her chest cavity.
She has anti biotics to take and a diuretic too. I crushed up her medicine and put it in some tuna this morning but she wouldn't eat it all.
she only ate a little bit, even though I was hand feeding her it, piece by piece.
I've had to leave the tuna with her, I just hope Roxy doesn't sneak in and eat it! I've put it in a place where Villy sits and Roxy doesn't really go, so

The vets keep saying it could be a tumour, to which I say, also, it could be a chest infection. They said it could be that too. We just have to get the fluid to clear so that they can see her chest properly in the x-ray on friday.
I have to keep an eye on her and if her breathing becomes a problem again she has to go back, especially if she's open mouth breathing.
for Villy.

Get well soon my baby

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I will give them to her whole from now on. I wanted to put them in tuna as it's less distressing for her, but if she's not going to eat it then I'm going to have to just give them to her.
One of the pills is supposedly palatable - HA! As if! lol!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks, I will give them to her whole from now on. I wanted to put them in tuna as it's less distressing for her, but if she's not going to eat it then I'm going to have to just give them to her.
One of the pills is supposedly palatable - HA! As if! lol!
That's the best bet, then at least you know she has it.

Try a little butter on the pill, because my 3 love butter

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Psssht, try telling a cat that ANY kind of pill is palpable!

Actually, my Cody is great about taking pills, I pop them in the back of him mouth and he swallows, I kinda trained him, because every time I have to give him a pill I immeadiatly give him several treats for being a good patient. Good idea for thats that spit pills out too. Poor Cody thinks meds are another form of affection (treats) LOL! My other 3, pssssht, they are like Villy, LOL.

I hope precious Villy gets well soon!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I've been giving Villy her tablets, much to her horror. I open her mouth, put the tablets right at the back, and then hold her mouth shut while stroking her throat and under the chin until she swallows. I kind of crouch down and hold her between my thighs while I pill her. I hope this is ok and the right way to do it? This morning I gave her a teeny bit of butter before and right after, to take the taste away.
Villy hasn't got any teeth apart from her 4 fangs at the front, but she does have claws which she's using to try to drag my hands away from her - oww!
Roxy has been looking on, giving me scared looks, with huge eyes, as I think she thinks it's her turn next!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I kind of crouch down and hold her between my thighs while I pill her. I hope this is ok and the right way to do it?
If it gets the pill down easy it'll be fine

I usually kneel and get them inbetween my legs, because that way they can't go backwards. Then i gently open their mouth with my left hand, then pop the pill in and stroke their throat like you did

Poor Roxy

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's how I do it, kneeling with her trapped between my legs.
Yes, poor Roxy, her face is a picture!

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another trick besides stroking their neck, is to blow on their nose - it triggers a swallow response for some reason.

I do it the way you described too, with my less tollerant cats, lol.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried blowing on her nose today, she just looked more annoyed

Thanks for the tip though, I've heard it before too.
I've bought a pill giver from the vets today, hope that helps.

I had to take her back to the vets this morning, she was looking like she was struggling to breathe again. It's obviously a huge effort for her, her whole little body is moving, even her head, when she breathes. The vet gave her another diuretic injection as she said that the reason she's struggling is because the fluid in her chest cavity isn't shifting, so her lungs can't move freely. :-(

She's still been really bright, bright eyes, still eating little bits, still having a wander outside now and then, still meowing at me. When she was bad on Friday night, I knew she was feeling really bad as she wasn't talking to me and she's a very chatty cat.

She's getting thinner though, she's down to 3.1 kilos now.

I have to be positive for my girl, surely that will help?

We're going back Friday to have her x-ray done.

Status
Not open for further replies.