Not to brag...(lots of long bragging, sorry)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our new kitty Marshmallow is so sweet. He's very calm, even in a hostile environment (Speck and Daisy, united
). We are doing a slow introduction. He is staying in the building behind the house where DH keeps his exercise equipment. Don't worry; it has all the amenities...air conditioning, cat toys, a little bed, etc. We check on him frequently and bring him up to the house to play and get to know the big cats. I thought Daisy would really have a problem with him, but she's treating him pretty well. Sweet, happy-go-lucky Speck is the one that is struggling. He hisses, spits, and growls...but no real violence. We did have to take Marshmallow back to the vet. He was neuterd Tuesday morning and stayed until Thursday when I could be off work. I noticed he was having difficulty with urination (he seems to hold it as long as he can, then sits completely down in the box and meows when he pees). The vet said he is still in pain and so we are giving pain meds for a few days. He seems to be feeling much better. He is such a little
. I don't think I've ever seen such a calm fellow. He's cool as a cucumber.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by threecatowner

He sounds so sweet. Is that normal - the pain after neutering? Will he be okay? I've never heard of that.
He seems much better today. He's been playing a lot. I'm not sure if the pain is normal. Speck breezed right through being neutered like nothing happened. My beloved Garfield (R.I.P.) got really sick and started vomiting when he came home after his neuter. I figure it was probably from the anesthesia. But I've never had a cat to have this type of difficulty before.

And I bragged too soon...Daisy attacked him tonight. Marshmallow had been playing with the toys in the house throughout the day and Daisy had been watching him. But then he decided to check out this cardboard box that we have for them to play in and Daisy went off on him. I was afraid this was going to happen.
We've been closely supervising...it all happened so fast. DH broke up the fight before Marshmallow could be injured, but I think it gave him a pretty bad scare. Speck wasn't even involved and he is hiding under the bed.

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
awww little guy hoep he gets better from that soon. I'm sure he will, he's probably quite sore still bless him. Glad you kept marshmellow think its really cute ! ^_^ and sounds just like his name hes really erm mellow !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RussianKitten

awww little guy hoep he gets better from that soon. I'm sure he will, he's probably quite sore still bless him. Glad you kept marshmellow think its really cute ! ^_^ and sounds just like his name hes really erm mellow !!
Thanks! He's adorable. He played in the house until he couldn't hold his eyes open. DH just gave him his nightly pain meds. Poor Speck feels betrayed. He doesn't even want to come out of the bedroom. But I figure he'll like the kitten sooner or later.