RIP my jeep

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved my jeep and it had so many memories for me. But the automatic gearbox failed on me two weeks ago and it can't be fixed at an economic rate. So the jeep has gone to the great scrapheap in the sky. I have bought a Renault Megane estate (station wagon/break, depending on where you are) and I am sure it will be fine. It drives well, looks smart, dark blue with grey trim, but it doesn't have the personality or the zip of the jeep.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
RIP, Jeep. I hope you don't have stone martens in your area - they simply adore the Renault Megane, along with Toyotas.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Renault Megane Wagoon are not available for my city, but there is the Sedan in my town, is cool!
I really wish to have one too!
Cool Election Jenny!

RIP to Jeep!...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it sad when an old favorite goes? Sort of like an end of an era.
I love my car right now, and have not even the least inkling to get anything else...I'll be sad someday when it goes to that big parking lot in the sky.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RIP Jeep. Another sympathetic ear here. We made the same kind of decision about my old Honda Civic ten years ago -- I still miss Rufus.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Until I remembered where you are, I was going to suggest buying a used transmission for the Jeep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Until I remembered where you are, I was going to suggest buying a used transmission for the Jeep.
Yes, sadly I tried to find one online and the garage tried too. But it is impossible here. The jeep was an original import from the US in 1995, then was registered in Spain, then Britain, then France! And I crossed Europe in it several times between Bosnia and the UK and France.