What do you usually wear in very hot weather?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's supposed to get really hot again here next week, so I'll be back to my usual V-necked 100% cotton T-shirts and cotton skirts (denim or those ankle-length gauzy Indian ones) with sandals or ballerinas. What's your usual hot-weather garb?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shorts around home, with T-shirt. I no longer do either shorts or sleeveless in public, but they are fair game at home. If I need to look decent, it's the lightest long pants I have or those gauzy Indian skirts (aren't they great?), with the lightest top I can find. Fortunately, we don't get too much really stinky weather.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I put other. At home it does not get too hot, but where I grew up it can get pretty warm. So at home a tank top and some shorts are enough. Growing up well... if no one was home the best way to go was in your birthday suit

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am at home and it is really hot I have a couple of sleeveless sundresses that I wear, they are made of very lightweight cotton and extremely comfortable. If I am out and about usually cotton capri pants and a t-shirt.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I voted for several things because it depends on what I'm doing. Around the house I'll wear either shorts and tank top or a loose sundress. Going out in public it's usually the sundress. If I'm working in the yard or out in the desert taking pictures I wear jeans and a long-sleeved cotton shirt.
The jeans protect against stickers and cactus spines and the shirt protects against sunburn.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it's hot here and it doesn't get above 29C I definitely live in shorts. If I need to go anywhere really flash I will wear 3/4 dress pants or a skirt

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do your wear that to work Rigel?

I cannot handle the heat. In the summer, at home, I am usually in shorts, sometimes a sundress and sometimes cotton lounge pants.

Going out, I usually wear washed linen or 100% cotton pants, with sandals and a cotton or linen shirt. Sometimes, a long skirt.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not working, so I rarely get out of short sleeved shirt, shorts and sandals for about 7 months straight! I wear jeans if we're doing something in the evening, or need leg protection.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shorts and spaghetti string tops...or tank tops and my flip flops
. It is always extremely hot here, only time I wear jeans is when i go to the movies or out to dinner type thing where I am indoors lol

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At home I usually wear sleeveless sundresses, or tee shirts and lounge pants. When I work in the garden, I usually wear total sunblock and lightweight scrub style pants and long sleeve, light weight tops. I have vitiligo, so I need to stay out of the sun. When I go out, it's usually long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves and lightweight linen or rayon pants, or jeans. I'm at the age where sleeveless in public is just cruelty to innocent bystanders.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I cannot handle the heat.
Same here, heat and humidity make me literally nauseous. When I walk our dog I particularly like to be comfortable and shorts seem to work the best for me.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At work I wear skirts.

If I go out in the evening or weekends I wear shorts.

At home I'll put on the bathing suit. I'll be ready to hop in the pool if necessary!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

...I'm at the age where sleeveless in public is just cruelty to innocent bystanders.
Public, heck -- I won't even go sleeveless in front of myself!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
t-shirts and skirts. I find they are more comfortable on my hips then shorts. PLUS I am not a huge fan of showing off my surgical scars. (even though I think they are cool I don't always want the stares)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I'm at home I'm almost always in my PJs
and in the summer those are cotton shorts and a tank top of some sort, if I'm out and not going to work, it's capri's and a tank or light-weight t-shirt... sometimes I wear that to work too
I don't even have a pair of shorts that fit me to wear in public