Claws to the head at 4AM

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So as stated in other threads Jordan has been feeling great lately. Don't get me wrong I'm glad that a cat that should have been dead for 2 years now is doing so well. The vets thought he had lymphoma, but obviously he does not. But really does he need to bring the sparkel ball on my bed at 4AM to play? This morning he must have hit it toward my face because all of a sudden I woke up to the ball flying across my head & his claws in my scalp trying to grab the ball.
This is not a nice way to wake up in the morning. Sometimes I think he played sick for the last two years so he could get away with whatever he wants.
He knows Mom is just so happy for every day she has with him that he won't get yelled at.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!!!! Well at least he woke you up!
Sweetie sometimes lays on the pillow right above my head, but he actually SLEEPS there.

sandy2u1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ouchie, what a rough wake-up call. This is obviously your fault though, you really need to keep you head out of the way of his sparkle ball
I'm glad your boy is doing so well.

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL Only a cat-lover would enjoy that or think it was remotely cute! GUILTY! LOL

Alley generally sleeps 1/2 the night either on the pillow above my head or curled up next to my pillow.Gotta luv it!

My weekends are usually began with ankle biting/attacks.Cats are a trip! lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
& only the Mom of a cat that the vets thought was dieing would be thrilled to be woken up this way. He was playing in my bed again last night, luckily the ball stayed away from my face.

The only thing I miss about him not feeling as well, is that he used to sleep on the pillow next to my head all night.

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol I don't have that problem but sometimes if i'm sitting on the couch, my salem will jump up behind me and start licking my hair..and ...clawing at me...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

lol I don't have that problem but sometimes if i'm sitting on the couch, my salem will jump up behind me and start licking my hair..and ...clawing at me...
You know he has done this type of thing before too. He will do what I call "Uppy, uppy", that is when he jumps from the floor into my arms. Then he crawls onto my shoulder & grabs my head. He then proptly starts rabbit kicking my head like I'm one of the other cats & he is trying to play with me.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

Archie has done that since I caught him. It was cute when he was a teeny little scared kitten, I was just happy that he trusted me and was replacing his feral Mama with me. Now that he's a 14 pound very strong two year old it isn't so pleasant anymore.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had claws to the thigh sometime around 5:00 this morning. Silly me, I let my leg slip from under the blanket and Daisy got me. I think she was scared, though. We've been having weather.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
claws to the head equals door being shut during sleepy time that night for me

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you want to think yourself lucky, Mitzi gets us up every day at 2am and 5am! Mostly for food, but once we do feed her she plays with anything she can find.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I have to say I did not miss the sleepless nights when he was sick. He is 6 years old now so it is still not as bad as it used to be, but sometimes he goes goes crazy for no reason. For example this morning around 6:30 AM (i was already up & getting ready for work). He sat in the middle of the bed, stareing at the celing while meowing. Then he just goes nuts. Attacking the covers, chasing the other cats, playing with whatever he can find.