Well this is great

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No good deed goes unpunished.

I did a tie-dye today for someone, only to find out afterward that my gloves leaked.

Anyone got any handy tips for removing permanent fabric dye from skin?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL don't be sorry, that was funny.

No, I'm the vibrant blue, green, red, yellow, purple hand

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Rainbow hands.

I'm not sure, but I think just about anything that will remove dye will also removed skin.
You might try hydogen peroxide or alcohol.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried peroxide and baking soda, lemon juice and baking soda, salt, and nail polish remover.
Not removed, but at least less intense, and my hands smell like some tropical fruit mixed drink

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it will work for tie-dye stuff, but hairspray and soap does a good job on ink. Maybe you could try that? Ethanol is usually a good solvent for things, so maybe that might work. It works on permanent markers, anyways.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice....reminds me of about 10yrs ago when I dyed my friends hair a dark brown.

I hate the gloves that come with the pkg, so I didn't wear them, thinking if I washed immediately I'd be fine..(considerring the dye you get on your neck or ears or face comes off).

ummm. Nope. Walked around for 2wks with palms that looked incredibly dirty...and I tried everything

Sorry, no tips, it just brings back memories.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I don't know if it will work for tie-dye stuff, but hairspray and soap does a good job on ink. Maybe you could try that? Ethanol is usually a good solvent for things, so maybe that might work. It works on permanent markers, anyways.
It's the alcohol in the hairspray that makes it remove ink. Alcohol might be worth a shot.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, nothing has worked further, it's ok, at least I'm sure my hands won't glow in the dark or anything now

Mostly it's faint stains on my fingers and bright stains under my nails, sure to be an icebreaker tonight while I'm tending bar

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Nope, nothing has worked further, it's ok, at least I'm sure my hands won't glow in the dark or anything now

Mostly it's faint stains on my fingers and bright stains under my nails, sure to be an icebreaker tonight while I'm tending bar
Hey, this could work. If you have to cut somebody off, just tell them they're seeing things.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I don't have to cut anyone off

Private restaurant/bar, everyone who comes in has only walked from their RV/trailer and we're only open 5 hours two nights a week

I love the job, wish it was 7 nights, because the caliber of people we cater to are simply awesome.
These are the nicest, most generous folks, and every weekend the whole park takes on the atmosphere of a huge family get together, everyone feels very welcome here.
I know pretty much everyone by name and get numerous invites to go boating, or come drinking.

It's too bad it's only for the summer.

hehe I've hijacked my own thread.

I will tell them it's a sobriety test though

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
may try WD40. it works pretty good when i get paint on my hands.
what about Mr. Clean eraser sponges?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe just put dark fingernail polish on so the stuff under your nails isn't visible.