ZOMG WE PUT IN AN OFFER (on a house)

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
finnnnnnnnnnnnnnally. and now the waiting game! I'm so nervous, we can only afford 10,000 less then the asking price, but the house has been available for 3 months so I"m hoping there will be some give.........

vibes vibes and more vibes please

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many MANY for good news!!

I will tell you, when I sold two houses a few years ago (my parents' and my parents' rental), the realtor put the price for each about $30,000 over what it was actually worth to give some bargining room. It's a trick apparently, and I settled on both on less than I was asking for but for about what they were worth. That was in a sellers market (2005). Now, I think its a buyers market so you should be in a good situation!

Let us know how it goes!! (I'm so excited for you
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Due to logistics and the sellers agent not being overly helpful we are still waiting and have to do everything by fax today! I'm super nervous but appreciate the support!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well............................they were slow getting back to us.............. but............. WE ARE ONE HOME INSPECTION SHORT OF BEING HOME OWNERS

edit: I can't wait to have a backyard for Cello and Kismet to play in, no more elevators for my kitties

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Have you heard if you got the house?!
We got the house!!
The home inspection was today and as an added bonus, the home inspector said that the house was in the best condition in the neighbourhood he had seen in years! and there is really nothing pressing we have to do!

Closing August 28th, such a long wait...........

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

We got the house!!
The home inspection was today and as an added bonus, the home inspector said that the house was in the best condition in the neighbourhood he had seen in years! and there is really nothing pressing we have to do!

Closing August 28th, such a long wait...........

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a beautiful home. I hope the wait time flies by for you.