Cheetahs

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think cheetahs are incredible. This clip on you tube compiles footage from other sources but with the soundtrack from the movie Saw, I think it's just great.

The speed and agility of the cheetah is just un-freaken-ba-lievable.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love watching Big Cat Diary on Animal Planet! Cheetahs are fascinating, beautiful, exquisite, intelligent cats

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't watch hunting scenes... I know it is natural, but I feel bad for the prey
... I stopped 1/2 way through the movie. They are beautiful cats indeed!

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing anything cheetah-ish.

I'm enamored with these creatures. Such doting mothers.
Yet they are so sadly steeped in contrast, aren't they; such relentless, effective hunters; yet such a fragile animal, so rarely able to eat its own kill, since they can't risk injury trying to fend off scavengers. How many times I've watched a program showing a hyena running off a cheetah from her kill, all while yelling at the TV, "C'mon, mama, you can take that little !@#$!!!"

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. I found that so beautiful I was actually moved to tears.I know I'm pathetic.

Except the last bit, like carolinalima, I know it's natural and the cheetah couldn't live without that meat, but I also feel a deep pang of pain for the prey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mollysmom

Wow. I found that so beautiful I was actually moved to tears.I know I'm pathetic.

Except the last bit, like carolinalima, I know it's natural and the cheetah couldn't live without that meat, but I also feel a deep pang of pain for the prey.
I agree that seeing the prey suffer or killed is tough. However this is the only way the Cheetah survives and from what I've observed they make the kill quickly.
I don't think you're pathetic at all, I am often moved to tears by the beauty of nature, be it big cats, small cats or anything in between.