Weak cat, seems unaware, not eating.

shadownhero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was found earlier today behind my toilet just lying there looking like it was trying to get into a crouch and stopped halfway. When I went to pick her up she didn't even seem to notice that I was in the room. When I DID pick her up she didn't tense up and cling to me like she normally does. I found yellow liquid on the carpet that she threw up, so im assuming she hasn't eaten. She won't eat and she barely licked a few drops of water. After that I put her on my bed and she looked as if she was so weak she can barely open her eyes and she won't lay in a comfortable position.

Help please. I can't get her to the vet until monday and its thursday now.

Anything that I can do to help her feel better?

Also she hasn't hit her head on anything and I don't think she ate anything weird.

While im at it, my other cat has had a cut that seems to go into her nose for about a week and a half and it hasn't healed up. What can I do?

Edit: After reading a few posts I have read about 2 other cats like this.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a relationship with your regular vet, IMO, you must get in immediately. Call,beg, whatever you need to do. If it's after hours, find an emergency vet, call, and get in (a lot of ER vets like a phone call first so they can begin the triage and prep process). It's expensive, I know, but from what you're describing, this sounds like you need immediate professional medical advice. I hope it's nothing, but I don't think you can delay on this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadownhero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she isn't better by morning ill call the vet.

The AC has been broken for a while and just got fixed today. Im hoping its only a heat stroke

shadownhero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks a bit better, shes rolling over when I pet her and shes opening her eyes more

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat did this very thing when he had a tiny piece of foam wedged in his intestines - but we didn't know it yet.

Please, please, please get this cat to a vet before Monday!!!

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she is the way you are saying she is, the only thing I can think of for you to do is get her to ANY vet, no matter what. Waiting and hoping she gets better in a case like this would be irresponsible. It sounds serious- even if she seems to be getting better, there is a reason that she got sick in the first place. Honestly, I don't know if it is heat stroke. I think it would have to be unbearably hot, too hot for you to live in for her to get that sick from it I think.

Many that a vet finds out what's going on and that it's treatable. If for some reason you can't GET to a vet, you can call one. And if you call one, it doesn't have to be your vet. Technically it can be any vet, anywhere. What I would do is look in the phone book for an emergency vet, as they will be open 24 hours, so you can call tonight. The call is free, it's worth a shot.

Best of luck!

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you familiar with Hepatic Lipidosis ? This can occur if a cat goes without eating and is very serious. If your cat is not eating, I would consider it an emergency.

I also cannot imagine it being a heat stroke. You probably had water out for her. Only a vet can determine what is wrong.

Many good wishes for her

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please please got to the vet - even if you need to give a post date check for Monday.... whatever you need to do, get your kitty to the vet ASAP...

shadownhero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright ill be taking my cat to the vet in the morning. What about my other cat, the one with the cut?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need to get the one you found sick today to a vet ASAP, and you might as well take your other cat at the same time - it will save you a few dollars to get them looked at in the one appointment.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

You need to get the one you found sick today to a vet ASAP, and you might as well take your other cat at the same time - it will save you a few dollars to get them looked at in the one appointment.
I'd bring the other one with the lesion as well as the ill one. Whenever I go to the vet, I always combine appointments to save money, that way you don't have to pay 2 office charges, only one. Please let us know how everything goes!