Princess-Need vibes please

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Princess was born St Patty's weekend 12 years ago. Her and her brother were the last of the litter to be adopted. We had just put two kitties down from FIP when we adopted them. Princess is a princess and doesn't like other cats but her brother. She used to hang out with my Nana when she was alive while she watched her soaps. She later hung out in the kitchen with Mom. She never was close to me b/c the year we got her I went off to college.

When we moved back a few years ago we introduced yet another male she wouldn't like. Benson loves to chase her. Now they all do including Molly. Princess started to urinate out of the litter pan about a week or so ago. I don't really know cause she lives in my mother's room 24/7 since the holidays. I have no clue how she has been eating cause my mother refuses to lock her in or watch so the chubby kitties don't steal her food. Last night Princess urinated on mom's bed. She asked that I take her to the vet and see if she has to be put down. It took me 2 hours or rearranging mom's room to get her in the carrier. Therefore giving her medicine is not an option. There is no other room to lock her in if she needs medicine.

Tonight she got the senior blood panel and urinalysis. We should have the results tomorrow. They did say she was dehydrated and very thin (just over 7.5lbs but feels more like 5). I just want her to be happy and carefree again. Could I have some vibes that the news tomorrow will mean Princess can be happy again?

Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

Many that tomorrow's news is good.
Poor baby.
Thank You. I hate the thought of putting her down but how can we live with her urinating on everything. She isn't living either. She hides all the time.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Tonight she got the senior blood panel and urinalysis. We should have the results tomorrow. They did say she was dehydrated and very thin (just over 7.5lbs but feels more like 5). I just want her to be happy and carefree again. Could I have some vibes that the news tomorrow will mean Princess can be happy again?

Thanks
Oh Michele, you know my thoughts are with you. I'm hoping the news tomorrow is good and

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet just called with the results. She has some abnormal results with
increase white blood cells & rods in urine (bacteria). She is going tonight for a antibiotic shot that last two weeks. Hopefully this works since it's extremely difficult to catch her.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love her but I couldn't handle running out yet again to this vet before Mom gets home. Hopefully this works.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope so.
Do you know what kind of infection it is?
Coco aways gets e coli.
She has been on Baytril since Jan and has to stay on it for life now.
What shot did get?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure. They just said Rod shaped bacteria in her urine.
I will find out the antibiotic name tonight. She said it's new to the market.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I sure hope so.
Do you know what kind of infection it is?
Coco aways gets e coli.
She has been on Baytril since Jan and has to stay on it for life now.
What shot did get?
She got 3.6mg of Convenia. It isn't meant for E. Coli but another doctor had success using it.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

She got 3.6mg of Convenia. It isn't meant for E. Coli but another doctor had success using it.
Kizzy has had Convenia back in March and April..... he had no side effects from it
It seems to be a fairly decent one.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending lots of too for a quick recovery. I have never been so happy to read a kitty has a bladder infection!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

I'm sending lots of too for a quick recovery. I have never been so happy to read a kitty has a bladder infection!
Ditto. I hated the idea of putting her down.

Thanks for all the vibes. She didn't eat at dinner time but did clean the plate over night. I also found some tuna (someone's suggestion) and she cleaned that this morning. She really wants out of the room. Benson who chases her also hates the vet smell on any cat. He has been walking around hissy at everyone so she is still locked in mom's room for now.