Untimely Awful, horrible day...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was one of those days... and still is...
I was supposed to have a Job interview in the afternoon, the first interview in months of applying for a job.... Just to wake up to a massive, completely debilitating migraine...
I do have migraines, but this was the worst I had in years! I spent my day in between the bed and the bathroom, throwing up anything and everything I put in my system. Even plain toast wouldn't stay in. My prescription medicine didn't do anything either...
It was so weird to have this migraine like this - there was really no reason for it, and usually there is one, like hormones... Maybe someone put a voodoo on me
I am now preparing to eat my first meal, praying it will stay down so I can take more meds... This pain is VERY very intense...
If you can spare some vibes, I would really really appreciate...
Oh, yes, I did re-schedule my interview, so that is great news!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I didn't have the greatest day either. Soon it will be tomorrow.
Thank you... for a better day for you too

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better.
Last wee after surgery I had 4 severe migrianes for 4 days.
I know how you feel.
Can you get a shot for them?
I hope the interview goes well.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relax, I'm betting it was stress over the upcoming interview that triggered it.
Relax....relax....

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I hope you feel better.
Last wee after surgery I had 4 severe migrianes for 4 days.
I know how you feel.
Can you get a shot for them?
I hope the interview goes well.
Thank you Jacky... I used to get an anti-inflammatory shot for these, but unfortunately I no longer have health insurance, and I was in no condition to wait in an ER, or drive... Now is the first time I am sitting down to eat... If this persists until tomorrow, then yes - I will go to the ER for a shot.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Relax, I'm betting it was stress over the upcoming interview that triggered it.
Relax....relax....

Thanks Arlyn... You might be right, but I really don't think so... I was not anxious at all, and I never get nervous on interviews... But yes - I am relaxing...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man does that suck! I'm so glad you were able to reschedule the interview though. Vibes you'll get the job AND vibes this migraine goes away for good!

Laurie

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am surprised you can read or type while you have a migraine - I have trouble reading when I have them. It seems like the words just float away.

I hope you feel better soon!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Lot's of feel better vibes coming your way..
Thank you

Originally Posted by LDG

Oh man does that suck! I'm so glad you were able to reschedule the interview though. Vibes you'll get the job AND vibes this migraine goes away for good!

Laurie
Thank you Laurie... Yes, I hope so too!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I am surprised you can read or type while you have a migraine - I have trouble reading when I have them. It seems like the words just float away.

I hope you feel better soon!
I know - this is the first time today that I have been able to sit down and type... I need to sit down for a bit, as I am trying to eat again... Before I got up I was able to put some prescription meds under my tongue instead of swallowing it, and it helped a little; at least now I am able to sit, eat (
)and read.
I just ate dinner... I hope I keep it down!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry!

I hope you feel better.

Originally Posted by carolinalima

Today was one of those days... and still is...
I was supposed to have a Job interview in the afternoon, the first interview in months of applying for a job.... Just to wake up to a massive, completely debilitating migraine...
I do have migraines, but this was the worst I had in years! I spent my day in between the bed and the bathroom, throwing up anything and everything I put in my system. Even plain toast wouldn't stay in. My prescription medicine didn't do anything either...
It was so weird to have this migraine like this - there was really no reason for it, and usually there is one, like hormones... Maybe someone put a voodoo on me
I am now preparing to eat my first meal, praying it will stay down so I can take more meds... This pain is VERY very intense...
If you can spare some vibes, I would really really appreciate...
Oh, yes, I did re-schedule my interview, so that is great news!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Do you take Maxalt?
I hope your migraine stays away and does not come back.
Yep - Maxalt 10mg... Today it did nothing most of the day, but I think it was because I was throwing it up... Around 5pm or so I decided to put one under my tongue, to see if I could take it, and it finally worked.... I still have a migraine, but not nearly as bad as I had it during the day... Not fun... At least now I am able to function...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh thats terrible Carolina. Im sorry to hear that. Why do you think your meds are not working? Is that normal for them to not work sometimes? Im not familiar with migraines but I can imagine having pain that wont go away can be very trying. Sending lots of feel better vibes your way

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh thats terrible Carolina. Im sorry to hear that. Why do you think your meds are not working? Is that normal for them to not work sometimes? Im not familiar with migraines but I can imagine having pain that wont go away can be very trying. Sending lots of feel better vibes your way
Thank you Pami
... It is normal for Excedrin to not work sometimes, and that's when I jump into my prescription Maxtalt... This is the first time it hasn't worked, and I don't know why... Now it started working though - I a able to sit down and type... But last night and today were a night and day from hell. I hope the meds keep working and this migraine doesn't come back - I can not take another day like today...

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope that migraine goes away completely now that your meds are working. My daughter has migraines and I've seen her suffer terribly. Now she's pregnant and can't (won't) take her Rx. You have my sympathy!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can get a good nights sleep and that you feel better tomorrow.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im sure that has to be some relief now that its started working. Are you going to be able to reschedule your interview?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Im sure that has to be some relief now that its started working. Are you going to be able to reschedule your interview?
I finally feel much better...
it won't come back tomorrow! Yes - I was able to reschedule it for tomorrow - I was lucky, as the interviewers are from out of town, and tomorrow is the last day they will be in TX