Birthdates

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When registering a new member, TCS has an age minimum of 13. My daughter will be 13 on July 20th.

She would be very grateful if she could join so that she can post about our dog who will be PTS on Sat.

We'd rather not "lie" about her age.

Is there any way someone could bypass this to allow her to post under her own account, or do I need to fudge the DOB, or let her post under my account? She'd much rather post on her own.

Thanks for your advice.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any bending of the rules, particularly of this sort, would be up to Anne. Why don't you drop her a PM?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Any bending of the rules, particularly of this sort, would be up to Anne. Why don't you drop her a PM?
will do, thx

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is only my opinion but I believe rules are there for a reason and if the rules are bent for one then they must be flexible for all which goes against having the rule in the first place.

As for "cheating" and lying about age, that to me would be grounds for a ban from the site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

This is only my opinion but I believe rules are there for a reason and if the rules are bent for one then they must be flexible for all which goes against having the rule in the first place.

As for "cheating" and lying about age, that to me would be grounds for a ban from the site.
hence the reason for asking

We figured it out though..... untill her birthday, she'll compose a letter and I can post it from her.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

hence the reason for asking

We figured it out though..... untill her birthday, she'll compose a letter and I can post it from her.
Excellent solution!