Happy gotcha day Lazlo!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, actually, it's Happy Belated Gotcha Day Lazlo, because seven years ago yesterday, we brought Lazlo inside. Thank goodness we had TCS to help us, because we didn't know anything about cats.
(Of course that still didn't prevent us from doing just about everything wrong
).

The earliest pic we have of Lazlo (he's the tabby):

Our ferally baby boy:

...who loves feathers (and boxes)!

Our happy boy:

...who isn't a baby anymore!

Lazlo, we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As our first rescue we adopted ourselves, you changed our lives forever.
You opened your heart to so many foster kitties, and you loved them all. We're sorry we don't foster any more, because looking back through all those pictures we can see how happy they all made you.
But you're our alpha kitty now, the big brother - and though you are NOT always benevolent in ruling your domain, we love your paws and your purrs, your snuggles, your playful nature, your beautiful elegance - and the fact that you appear to communicate with aliens (although we'd prefer it if you stopped the 4:00am communications!). For quite a while we were convinced you were placed here to observe life on Earth.... and we're still pretty sure you continue those reports back!
We hope they're happy ones.

Laurie

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Has it really been 7 years? He grew into a beautiful boy, you and Gary did a great job with him and all the others since then.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, Laurie, Lazlo's adorable.
What a sweet, happy boy.

You guys have done a wonderful job with him. Happy Gotcha Day, Lazlo!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Laurie, what a beautiful tribute to Lazlo!!
He is a beautiful baby! Happy gotcha day Lazlo!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Wow! Has it really been 7 years? He grew into a beautiful boy, you and Gary did a great job with him and all the others since then.
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't believe it either! I remember when we were new to kitties, and everyone had older kitties... I wondered what it would be like to have had a cat for 3 or 4 years.
The time just goes too fast. !!

Thank you all!

Laurie

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG I can't believe it's been 7 years since you first came her, posting about "Rocky" (a.k.a. Booger
) and then watching that first litter of feral kittens. Lazlo and Sheldon eventually found their way home to you and Gary.
I remember you being so freaked out because Laz was just laying in the litterbox for the first day inside.
But look at what a handsome, loving little boy he grew into! And look at what he did to you and Gary - growing you into two of the biggest feral cat advocates I have ever had the pleasure of knowing!

Happy Gotcha Day, Lazlo!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi, you remember!
I had to go look it up - the thread is still here.
We thought ALL the kittens were girls - we were going to name "her" BooBoo.

Not only did Lazlo and Shelly make their way to us, Spooky and Tuxedo did too. The only one that ended up being successfully adopted out was Julius. We see his mom all the time at the vet (she's a vet tech).

If anyone wants a laugh at me and the whole situation, here's the thread!

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9471

And Rebecca - you posted to my very first thread.

Laurie

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Our happy boy:

- and the fact that you appear to communicate with aliens (although we'd prefer it if you stopped the 4:00am communications!). For quite a while we were convinced you were placed here to observe life on Earth.... and we're still pretty sure you continue those reports back!

Laurie
First off, I love that pic.... He is such a handsome big boy now.... You've done such a great job with him

Secondly:
at the above comment.

Great tribute to a very special boy

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

If anyone wants a laugh at me and the whole situation, here's the thread!

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9471
I just read thru that thread and am not laughing at all. I am amazed that you never had a cat before Lazlo. You're knowledge of cats has obviously grown exponentially over the last 7 years!!!

Happy gotcha day little Lazlo, you sweet little purr muffin!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I am amazed that you never had a cat before Lazlo. You're knowledge of cats has obviously grown exponentially over the last 7 years!!!

OMG Laurie - I would never imagine you without a kitty! So Lazlo is the one who started it all! Thank you Lazlo for bringing your meowmy here! Good job sweet pie!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I just read thru that thread and am not laughing at all. I am amazed that you never had a cat before Lazlo. You're knowledge of cats has obviously grown exponentially over the last 7 years!!!

We learned from great people here at TCS (and that's an understatement) - and, of course, got a lot of experience REALLY quickly. Having so many cats in need around here and no TNR groups and the shelters always full.... what was there to do? Every once in a while, the vet needed the trap. So it just made more sense to buy one....

What I think is particularly funny is that we thought the RV wasn't big enough to have Lazlo, let alone Lazlo and Shelly.... and here we are, 7 years later, with 7 cats.

Laurie

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Well, actually, it's Happy Belated Gotcha Day Lazlo, because seven years ago yesterday, we brought Lazlo inside. Thank goodness we had TCS to help us, because we didn't know anything about cats.
(Of course that still didn't prevent us from doing just about everything wrong
).

The earliest pic we have of Lazlo (he's the tabby):

Our ferally baby boy:

...who loves feathers (and boxes)!

Our happy boy:

...who isn't a baby anymore!

Lazlo, we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As our first rescue we adopted ourselves, you changed our lives forever.
You opened your heart to so many foster kitties, and you loved them all. We're sorry we don't foster any more, because looking back through all those pictures we can see how happy they all made you.
But you're our alpha kitty now, the big brother - and though you are NOT always benevolent in ruling your domain, we love your paws and your purrs, your snuggles, your playful nature, your beautiful elegance - and the fact that you appear to communicate with aliens (although we'd prefer it if you stopped the 4:00am communications!). For quite a while we were convinced you were placed here to observe life on Earth.... and we're still pretty sure you continue those reports back!

Laurie
Happy Gotcha Day!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day, Lazlo!

His personality just jumps out of those pictures!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy belated gotcha day Lazlo!

Sorry I'm late posting, Laurie. Lazlo is very beautiful and I love that name too!

I love the arm lifting photo too!