Temporary Blindness?

macncheese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found my kitty in my neighbor's shop last Saturday after she had been in there since the afternoon before. She was lying in her own urine and not moving at all so I immediately rushed her to the vet. He said she was in shock and he immediately began treating her with fluids. She came out of it alright and was doing fine and eating on her own only a few days later. My concern is her sight. She has not been able to see since the incident. Other than that, she has fully recovered. She is still with the local vet and I am seeing about having her transferred to a different clinic with other possible treatment options.

We think she had a heat stroke. My question is, can her sight return? How often is blindness in incidents like this permanent?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry, your poor kitty
You must have been so worried about her. Unfortunately I cannot help you, but hopefully someone will have some ideas. Sending lots of vibes that she makes a full recovery.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whether or not her sight will return depends on the cause of her loss of sight. I wish I could be of more help. I had a kitty who was blind, and she was a wonderful girl, had no problems getting around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

macncheese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Whether or not her sight will return depends on the cause of her loss of sight. I wish I could be of more help. I had a kitty who was blind, and she was a wonderful girl, had no problems getting around.
It was most likely a heat stroke that caused it. My vet thought that she may have had some swelling in her brain but she didn't show any improvement with anti-inflammatory drugs.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, the poor thing. That is one of my worst fears; one of my cats getting shut up in someone's garage or building. I hope your kitty will be okay.