Please help me name my kitten

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I posted under the strays and ferals section that DH and I captured the stray kitten that has been at his office for a few weeks. I named this kitten Marshmallow when I first saw him from a distance, and the name stuck. He is at the vet today getting the usual new kitten routine, plus neutering. He has been given a clean bill of health so far. This little guy is beyond cute. He's black and white, a tuxedo cat, and he is bouncy like a puppy. However, when I told the receptionist his name, she thought he was a girl. Should we change his name to Smudge? He has a little black smudge spot on his face. I would do one of those polls and ask everybody to vote, except I don't know how. Also, do you think it would be fair to him to change his name when he already responds to Marshmallow? Sorry to ramble...I am so excited about a new kitten in the house.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I posted under the strays and ferals section that DH and I captured the stray kitten that has been at his office for a few weeks. I named this kitten Marshmallow when I first saw him from a distance, and the name stuck. He is at the vet today getting the usual new kitten routine, plus neutering. He has been given a clean bill of health so far. This little guy is beyond cute. He's black and white, a tuxedo cat, and he is bouncy like a puppy. However, when I told the receptionist his name, she thought he was a girl. Should we change his name to Smudge? He has a little black smudge spot on his face. I would do one of those polls and ask everybody to vote, except I don't know how. Also, do you think it would be fair to him to change his name when he already responds to Marshmallow? Sorry to ramble...I am so excited about a new kitten in the house.
Kittens are a hoot! We all have at least 10 names for our cats
, so giving him another name probably won't matter. I like the name Smudge.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Keep the name Marshmallow. You can call him Marsh if you think the full name will give him a complex. (Like a boy named Sue)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

Kittens are a hoot! We all have at least 10 names for our cats
, so giving him another name probably won't matter. I like the name Smudge.
This is true. He isn't even home yet and I have already been walking around the house saying "Smudge", "Mudge", "Smudgemallow!"

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd keep his name Marshmallow, especially since he has taken to it! I don't know why the receptionist thought he was a "she". Marshmallow doesn't sound like a girl's name to me all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shanynne

I'd keep his name Marshmallow, especially since he has taken to it! I don't know why the receptionist thought he was a "she". Marshmallow doesn't sound like a girl's name to me all!
Marshmallow he shall remain. I don't know why I chose that name for a black and white cat,
. In all fairness to the receptionist, he does look like a female. I don't know why, expect he has very delicate features. Unlike the manly Speck
. Speck and Daisy have been fighting like cats and dogs today. I think they know something's up. Marshmallow comes home Thursday. I hate to leave him at the vet's so long, but I really want to be here when he arrives at his new home.