What to feed for a dry coat?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So lately I've noticed that Jordan's coat is feeling a bit dry. He has been feeling very good so I think he would eat any kind of wet food, buthe seems to be picky about dry food. The other cats get T.O.T.W. in the morning & everyone gets F.F. at night. I have to admit that some days he has eaten only F.F. because he refuses the dry and then drives me nuts trying to get me to feed him wet food. He has good energy (as whitnessed by the bags under my eyes), he's running & playing, eating wet food just fine. This is going to sound terrible, but the other day I was trying to study & he was making me nuts so I think he ended up eating 4 - 3 oz cans of cat food. (Not all F.F. I had some odds & ends around too).

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

So lately I've noticed that Jordan's coat is feeling a bit dry. He has been feeling very good so I think he would eat any kind of wet food, buthe seems to be picky about dry food. The other cats get T.O.T.W. in the morning & everyone gets F.F. at night. I have to admit that some days he has eaten only F.F. because he refuses the dry and then drives me nuts trying to get me to feed him wet food. He has good energy (as whitnessed by the bags under my eyes), he's running & playing, eating wet food just fine. This is going to sound terrible, but the other day I was trying to study & he was making me nuts so I think he ended up eating 4 - 3 oz cans of cat food. (Not all F.F. I had some odds & ends around too).
California naturals is good for the coat IME, now my cats have always had soft coats, but my one dog is a mix and his coat is a split personality
i found after eating the Cn for a few mths the coat is now softer.

i also have it for my cats so i am not just speaking about dog food but that is where i actually saw improvement.. iykwim with the cats it's just kept the coat at it's usual standard.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
adding a bit of fish oil/omega-3 to their diets also does wonders for their coats...

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have a budget for cat food that would allow you to add some canned grain free? Wellness can be bought in large 13 oz cans for a good price.

I wonder if the grains in some of the canned food will contribute to dryness. I noticed this before with mine on various kinds of canned food.