TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Price per pound of common natural pet foods
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Price per pound of common natural pet foods

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
My little sister was bored today and decided to figure out the price per pound of some healthy pet foods. She's younger so I'm not sure of the accuracy (I'll proofread later), but it sure was interesting. She used petfooddirect.com. It was interesting to see how over (and under) priced they were. I was surprised at EVO and TOTW (under) and Blue Buffalo Organics and Nutro Natural Choice (over).

Grain-Free

Nature's Variety Instinct: $2.54
EVO: 2.33
Wellness CORE 3.16
Timberwolf: 2.79
Pinnacle: 2.80
Orijen: 2.92
Indigo Moon: 2.18
Acana: 2.36
Now!: 4.20
Natural Balance: 2,15
Before Grain: 2.12
Taste of the Wild: 1.79

Non-Grain Free

Blue Buffalo Organics: 3.49
Blue Spa Selects: $2.62
Artemis: 1.99
AvoDerm: 1.88
Innova: 3.26
Go! Natural: 2.97
Halo: 3.13
Fromm Four Star Nutrionals: 2.45
Felidae: 1.76
Chicken Soup: 1.53
Wellness: 2.90
Royal Canin 27: 2.79
Katz-n-Flocken: 2.05
Natural Balance Ultra Premium: 1.84
Nutro Natural Choice: 2.45
California Natural: 2.18
post #2 of 8
Interesting!

I'd love see what that looked liked for my country

off hand I can do these because i have them here, no grain frees though

California naturals is $3.61 a pound this is basing off the 5lb bag.

Natural Balance Ultra $3.67 basing on a 6lb bag.

Chicken soup adult $2.67 basing on a 6lb bag

Royal Canin kitten 36 is $6.28 basing on the 3.5lb bag

Royal Canin 33 $6 again basing on the 3.5lb bag

Kirkland signature 0.75cents basing on the 20lb bag that is sold here {ok wow, i hadn't done it's stats before, talk about a good deal }

that is all my foods LOL
post #3 of 8
That is such a good tool! Tell you lil sis thank you from us. The results are very interesting.....you have TOTW, a grain free 42% protein food CHEAPER than most non-grain free lower protein options.
WOW
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by followedbydolls View Post
Interesting!

I'd love see what that looked liked for my country
In that case, I will take pen and paper with me when I go to the store later
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstarkitties View Post
That is such a good tool! Tell you lil sis thank you from us. The results are very interesting.....you have TOTW, a grain free 42% protein food CHEAPER than most non-grain free lower protein options.
WOW
I know! I wish my local store carried it.

EDIT: A feed mill near my house carries it. Yes!
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
In that case, I will take pen and paper with me when I go to the store later
Good idea, i think Canadians need their own list since clearly based on just what i buy their is a difference and that certainly plays a role in our choices of food.
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by followedbydolls View Post
Good idea, i think Canadians need their own list since clearly based on just what i buy their is a difference and that certainly plays a role in our choices of food.
working on it now Got the list, now to work on the price per lb.
post #8 of 8
That's neat. Fortunately EVO is cheaper here than that, though CORE is even more expensive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Price per pound of common natural pet foods