Manipulating at Feeding Times

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten played me lightweight. Lil stinker! I pulled what I call the old NorCal FakeOut on her. I went through all the motions of making and mixing her usual meal but instead of dumping the old food(it was still very fresh) I just stirred it and and gave it back to her. She had no problem eating it on the 2nd serving. LOL At least she is eating more so I`m pretty happy. Felines are clever and calculating. Is it the routine they crave?

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I think they crave getting us to do what they want! My female solves all of life's problems by marching up to the nearest human and meowing commandingly until she's satisfied.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Routine IS very important to a cat. It sounds like you're fighting the good fight.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kitties thrive on routine, but I can fake mine out, too. With her dry food, I just put it back in the cup, shake it up, then pour it back into her bowl. It's amazing how good it is after it's been put back in the cup!

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

No, I think they crave getting us to do what they want! My female solves all of life's problems by marching up to the nearest human and meowing commandingly until she's satisfied.
<hearty chuckle> isn't that just the way they are, and the worse part is, it works!