recommend house plants not dangerous to cats

salsanchips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seems like every house plant that I've ever purchased at Home Depot turned out to be on the LONG list of plants potentially posionous to cats and I had to throw them out.

Wanted to check and see if anybody can recommend something safe and relatively easy to take care of. This would be going in a pot hanging in front of a window, well out of reach of the kitties (worst case would be it dropping a few leaves which they would undoubtably nibble on).

Thanks

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. That picture of Zek is rather old--he's much bigger and fluffier now. You might also try offering the cats some cat grass--that way they get their plant fix, and maybe they'll leave yours alone.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see it on the above posted list so I don't know if it's toxic or not but I've a Peace Lilly that's very easy to care for and the cats have chewed it a million times with no side effects. They also pretend it's a jungle so it can take a beating! The problem is that there are so many varieties of plants. Some are fine while others are not and it can be hard to differentiate what's what.

kwren

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i love spider plants... they are non-toxic to people and pets, are great filters and air purifiers (they are particularly good at cleaning everyday toxins out of the air) and they do very well with minimal care.