I don't feel good

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started to feel bad on Friday, but didn't think too much of it just a little sick to my stomach. Well when I laid down in bed Friday night
and then I felt so much better and went to bed. I am not running a fever. Actually I just feel sick to my tummy.

The last time I felt like this I was pregnant with Jaiden......

I have not had a period sense he was born so I don't have that to know if I am or not. I was thinking of all the other symptoms that I had when I was pregnant and they are all there, but they all could for of other reasons. My first with Jaiden was my breasts really hurt. Well sense we started solids and he went from nursing 8 times a day down to 3. They hurt a bit

I want to go get a test, but we have NO money left this week. Jaiden and I leave to visit my parents the 8th and we will be gone for 2weeks.

I am not too sure what I should do
I really don't want to take a test while I am at my parents house.

Any ideas? I am jumping to conclusions?

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really wouldnt know, ive never been pregnant, but I would say trust your instincts. You could be just sick, some kind of virus, but then again i am no doctor lol. Just try to not stress too much about it because stress always seems to make things worse. Can you buy an off the counter test? I dont know how much they cost or how effective they are, but just until you can actually get to the doctor? Im not so great with advice lol but I really hope you feel better and find out what is causing your sickness .

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

I am not too sure what I should do
I really don't want to take a test while I am at my parents house.

Any ideas? I am jumping to conclusions?
Take a test when you get back if you don't feel better.....in the meantime, avoid medications and such (which I'm sure you already do since you are nursing).

Look at it this way, is it going to change anything if you find out now or 2wks from now?

I
you feel better soon.... and do know one thing, the more you think you might be pregnant, the more you will feel it even if you aren't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I am just worried about taking my birth control pill. Witch I admit I have not been very good at taking. I don't know if I should stop taking it until I get a test or keep taking it.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I am just worried about taking my birth control pill. Witch I admit I have not been very good at taking. I don't know if I should stop taking it until I get a test or keep taking it.
ohhhh, that complicates things then. Could you use another form of BC untill you get back from your parents and take the test (if you are still unsure)?

What I personally would do: quit taking the bcp, wait untill you can get the test and use other protection if need be (unless you are trying to have another baby) for the time being. If the test is negative, then start a new pack of bcp. But that's what I'd do... whether it works for you, I don't know.

As you said, your symptoms could have other reasons. (and yah, you are gonna be slightly uncomfy with the reduced feedings
) and you could have a virus.

Stopping the pill isn't going to change anything (aside from different protection usage).

thats my thoughts if you can't get a test before you go to your moms.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

ohhhh, that complicates things then. Could you use another form of BC untill you get back from your parents and take the test (if you are still unsure)?

What I personally would do: quit taking the bcp, wait untill you can get the test and use other protection if need be (unless you are trying to have another baby) for the time being. If the test is negative, then start a new pack of bcp. But that's what I'd do... whether it works for you, I don't know.

As you said, your symptoms could have other reasons. (and yah, you are gonna be slightly uncomfy with the reduced feedings
) and you could have a virus.

Stopping the pill isn't going to change anything (aside from different protection usage).

thats my thoughts if you can't get a test before you go to your moms.
Well I think that I am going to talk Eric into getting one before I leave. There is talk of Disneyland and I missed all the fun rides last year because I was pregnant. I really don't want to have to miss them again on a hunch
I have a great excuses not to go on the rides (Jaiden). I know it sounds selfish, but I know myself and unless I know for sure I wont pass up fun.

Originally Posted by HosMan

If you are madly in love then I would bet money that you are pregnant.
Interesting. Why is that?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you likely to need birth control pills while staying at your parents?? That's effective birth control right there... If you're period is due and it hasn't come, then take a test to put your mind at ease.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Are you likely to need birth control pills while staying at your parents?? That's effective birth control right there... If you're period is due and it hasn't come, then take a test to put your mind at ease.
Because I am nursing I am not having a period. I have not had one in over a year
And no you are right I will not need any birth control at my parents.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Because I am nursing I am not having a period. I have not had one in over a year
And no you are right I will not need any birth control at my parents.
Oh yeah sorry, I did read that
A good friend of mine got pregnant while breastfeeding despite not having got her period, so it certainly can happen!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until you know for certain that you aren't pregnant, treat your body like you are just in case....If I were you I would stop taking the bcp and use other protection instead just to be safe. Also are you taking vitamins with folic acid in them? If not that might be a good idea as well.

Some clinics I believe give free pregnancy tests...maybe you can call a free clinic in your area? If not, Wal-mart and Walgreens have the OTC ones pretty cheap. It'd put your mind at ease to know one way or another!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I am still taking my prenatals because I am nursing. I think I am going to send Eric to get a test tonight. I really don't want to go to walmart with my 5month old child and buy a test

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a dollar store near you? Those tests work just as well as the more expensive ones at Walmart, ect. I took about 5 of the dollar store ones when I found out I was pregnant, I kept getting positive results, but kept taking them just to be sure LOL! I took a more expensive one at first, it was pretty much the same thing as the $1 one was.

Best of luck & keep us updated!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Do you have a dollar store near you? Those tests work just as well as the more expensive ones at Walmart, ect. I took about 5 of the dollar store ones when I found out I was pregnant, I kept getting positive results, but kept taking them just to be sure LOL! I took a more expensive one at first, it was pretty much the same thing as the $1 one was.

Best of luck & keep us updated!
ROFL!! When I took a test to see if I was pregnant with Jaiden I took like 7 (all positive), but I wanted to make sure. I will have to look and see if there is a dollar store around! Thank you I would have never thought of that!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mismaris777

So... did you end up getting a test last night? If so, have you taken it and what does it say??? We need to know!!!
No I didn't, but I have
just about every day lol. I know it's not a sure tell sign. I am just going to have to wait until I get back. The waiting is killing me. The worst part is I can't even wait and see if I have a period
I hope that I am not, but if I am I am. Eric told me if I am then we are just never "doing it" again

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get the darn test hun....I'll send ya one, but I doubt it would be there before you leave

Hope you feel better soon (not 9mos from now)

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

No I didn't, but I have
just about every day lol. I know it's not a sure tell sign. I am just going to have to wait until I get back. The waiting is killing me. The worst part is I can't even wait and see if I have a period
I hope that I am not, but if I am I am. Eric told me if I am then we are just never "doing it" again
Really? NEVER "do it" again? What kind of life would that be?! I don't know how you're able to wait- I wouldn't be able to! I'd rather cancel the trip than have to wait to find out something like that
! Well, good luck waiting
. I don't know how you're going to do it!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Get the darn test hun....I'll send ya one, but I doubt it would be there before you leave

Hope you feel better soon (not 9mos from now)
Ya me too

Originally Posted by mismaris777

Really? NEVER "do it" again? What kind of life would that be?! I don't know how you're able to wait- I wouldn't be able to! I'd rather cancel the trip than have to wait to find out something like that
! Well, good luck waiting
. I don't know how you're going to do it!
I am dieing to know also, but we can honestly not afford a test until Eric gets paid next. And because I am nursing I don't really have to change anything if I am or not. I am dieing to know, but it will just have to wait a few days will not make a difference.