Fish tank

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful discus. That is one fish I could never keep...tried and failed.

Do they breed for you? I'd love to see more pics of them if you can. I
blue diamonds, and red malboros.
What types do you have?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turquoise? and Tangerine?

I had a beautiful breeding pair of Pigeon Bloods many years ago, lost all but my most cold hardy fish during a very long power outage

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Turquoise? and Tangerine?

I had a beautiful breeding pair of Pigeon Bloods many years ago, lost all but my most cold hardy fish during a very long power outage
Do you have any pics of them? The PB's are absolutely stunning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hillbillywoman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a good pic....red torg, and PB.
We have a couple of just beginning to breed pairs and a some very young blue diamonds. We have a total of 40 discus in varying sizes, in 4 different tanks.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hillbillywoman

Here is a good pic....red torg, and PB.
We have a couple of just beginning to breed pairs and a some very young blue diamonds. We have a total of 40 discus in varying sizes, in 4 different tanks.
Gorgeous..... Thanks for sharing. They are beautiful fish

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Chris, I used to have pics, but this was way before digital and most of my actual photos were lost in a basement flood.
They were very stunning and Discus are a lot easier than people think...once you get the tanks stabilized.
I had two breeding pair of Angels too, wild type scalare and blue blushing, blue blushers are pretty dull unless you have the perfect UV spectrum lighting.

I never actually attempted breeding of any of them, they just did, so apparently I was doing something right

Hillbillywoman, I am envious of your fish, I haven't the room for a proper tank these days, so I content myself with a small 1 gallon and a crowntail betta.

I remember reading an ichtyology text (rather outdated) from cover to cover and followed their findings for tank keeping, most things worked.