Desperate Measures

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As most of you know, Bijou just can't leave his stitches alone, we've had to have them redone twice since the lump removal.

He hates the e-collar and I'm worried about leaving him home alone tomorrow with it on so this afternoon his purrpa and I went shopping for a solution and here it is. Baby sleepers with the feet cut out and the arms shortened.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And he's still beautiful! What a great idea - hope it works perfectly!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats sweet and sweet that hes so good about wearing it.
Cats heal really really fast, so he shouldnt need to wear it for long.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brilliant! I have alwys wondered why vets in the West don't seem to use more 'stocking' type bandages - in Bosnia my cats were sent home wearing them after spays or operations as standard. They never seemed to bother them for the few days it was necessary to wear them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Great idea! He looks just precious. Um....is he going to be able to use the litterbox in his new threads?
Bijou is a big boy so the snaps near his backside don't close which leaves his butt open. He may pee on them but at the outlet store they sleepers were only $5 so meowmy will pick up a couple more pairs to get him through the week.
I told hubby the 3 month baby size would be too small and he didn't believe me until we tried it on. Fortunately I has also got a larger one (just in case as I said to hubby) as well. Actually John played for a private birthday party last night and one of the guests was a vet and she was the one that suggested the baby sleepers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Brilliant! I have alwys wondered why vets in the West don't seem to use more 'stocking' type bandages - in Bosnia my cats were sent home wearing them after spays or operations as standard. They never seemed to bother them for the few days it was necessary to wear them.
Jenny, that's what John said too. He thinks that e-collar is very inhumane.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have to get creative with these smart critters!
Bijou would be handsome in a potato sack.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister made that on her own. Zahra kept getting her foot caught in the cone. It's simply a knee-high stocking with cutouts.

Here is my chihuahua, she was very bad at pulling out her stitches.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to see you found a solution to the ecollar. Topaz noted it would make cuddling with Bijou difficult.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's a brilliant idea, and definitely one to file away for future reference. I've got a foam e-collar, but the sleepers would probably be more comfortable.