Are ya grillin?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to be a US tradition to grill on the 4th of July (really, any excuse for guys to get in touch with their hunter/firemaker side will do).

Are you going to grill today?

I have already done the grilling for the day. Since I like to freeze food for meals during the week, I filled the grill even though it is just hubby and myself.

I grilled:
mushrooms wrapped in bacon
2 hockey pucks (fillet mignon wrapped in bacon - will have on salad tomorrow)
4 boneless pork loins marinated in chopped fresh home grown thyme, oregano, and rosemary with pepper and olive oil.
4 boneless pork loins cut into strips and then coated in roasted garlic and the herb mixture from above then rolled and put on skewers
2 swordfish steaks marinated in soy sauce, ginger, and curry
2 pieces of garlic bread

I did send two of the pork loins and a bunch of the mushrooms next door to the in-laws

What are you grilling today?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are grilling sausages that we have a tradition for making out of ground pork and spices, shish kebabs with mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and meat...and of course some kind of steak meat. I don't even know the specifics of what the men in my family are doing, I guess I will find out tonight lol. I only know of the sausages because I helped prep them and I caught a glipmse of shish kebabs already arranged on the sticks ready to be grilled

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

We're grilling, but just hamburgers, hotdogs and polish sausages....ummm...weldrwomn, can I come over for dinner?? That swordfish sounds heavenly!
You are more than welcome to come over, but the swordfish was the first to go!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are grilling baby back ribs. I marinated them overnight so they will be all ready to go!
Tomorrow we are having a cookout in a forest preserve with my sister and her husband, we'll also be grilling then (hamburgers.)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I got back from a "potluck" barbecue about an hour ago. People brought brats, shish kebab, chicken, ribs, and marinated pork. No hamburgers at all.

Everybody brought some kind of salad, and while there were no duplicates, surprisingly not a single person brought potato salad.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're doing the BBQ thing tomorrow... invited to friends - ribs beans chicken salad, garlic bread, etc.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We grilled hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch, and the neighbor is grilling ribs for dinner. I've just had to make a bunch of side salads to serve with the meal.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I got back from a "potluck" barbecue about an hour ago. People brought brats, shish kebab, chicken, ribs, and marinated pork. No hamburgers at all.

Everybody brought some kind of salad, and while there were no duplicates, surprisingly not a single person brought potato salad.
Horrors! You must have potato salad!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ALas, due to living on the 13th floor with no balcony, theres no true grilling that goes on in my apartment....we do have a great indoor grill/panini press thing, which works, but is a pale comparison. On Canada day, my good friend Luanne smoked a bison roast on her BBQ and that was absolutely delicious!!!

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hot dogs today, steak and shrimp yesterday, and salmon steaks the day before (can you tell my SO loves to grill?). Happy Fourth, everyone!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BIL had two grills going.
One to smoke the pork for pulled pork and the other had two rotisserie chickens.
Later he did corn on the cob. There was going to be more veggies but we ran out of time and had way to much already.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Uncle has a big BBQ every 4th of July. Forgot about it until my cousin told me about it the day before. I drove 3 hours one way to go to this.

He has this BBQ/Smoker combo made out of a 55 gallon drum. He hangs the meat from hooks. Marinates it in this Hoisin/Garlic teriyaki sauce.

This year it was Beef Tri-Tip roasts and Pork Tri-Tip roasts...come to think of it, it was that last year, too.

He usually has about 12-15 pounds of meat left over. I brought home about 4-5 pounds of that today.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tri tips seem to be a cut popular on the coast but not in the midwest.

Yesterday it was the 4th of July gathering at my SIL's pond. About 60 of us with two grills nothing fancy just brats, hot dogs and burgers.

Tonite we grilled: beef tenderloin, some hot dogs, polish sausage, brat patties and marinated chicken breasts (italian romano). One local grocery sells about 7 kinds of marinated chicken breasts and they are really good on the grill. I was too tired to grill some veggies.