New cat tree, continued from once there was a....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
box. And the stuff inside that box made a 3 tiered cat tree that goes from floor to ceiling with 3 different platforms on it.

(walmart, around $50....easy to assemble, treated with cat nip, fairly stable)

All you do, is thread the platforms onto the tubes.

The kitties, as soon as I got one platform on, and the other tube on, decided it was time for them to investigate. So I put my foot on the base to stable it, and let them play for a bit, before kicking them off to put the second and third platform (which again, they explored before it was finished).

So here we go...

Kittehs on the first platform:

second platform

This is how Kizzy grooms Kitchi LOL...

(grabs him, and forces him into it)

and the third platform:

(pssst Gemlady, I have a special version of this pic for the BUTTS thread, just for you)

I thought the silohette was kinda cool....

whoaaaa dude, this is really high

I can touch the ceiling....hmmm, it smells different... I think I like being ceiling cat, not basement cat.

(and before anyone asks, NO, the tree did not stay there. I only put it there to see how stable it was after assembling....it was moved shortly after.)

Part 2 to come......

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That pinning and forced grooming is likely an act of dominance by Kizzy... not a mean or bad thing... just letting Kitchi know who's numero uno.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

That pinning and forced grooming is likely an act of dominance by Kizzy... not a mean or bad thing... just letting Kitchi know who's numero uno.
ah, interesting.... I just thought it was cuz Kitchi never slows down, and when he does, they don't cuddle

But yah, I do see what you're saying, Kizzy does it when Kitchi is annoying him (ex. Kizzy trying to walk, Kitchi biting at his paws or tail = Kizzy pinning him down and either playing back, or grooming him) I think its sweet, Kizzy's big ol paw around lil Kitchi

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You really have some cuties there. It looks like they're really enjoying it. I think I'll be going to Walmart today.

Thanks for the pics.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady
OK, so I love the entire series of pictures but I love these 2!!

My (OTB) Max used to pin the kittens down with 1 paw while they flailed their legs to get away. He'd sometimes tackle them like this.

And OMG!! I never saw a white cat with black butt before!

Another black cat trait: Muddy has trained me to pick him up so that he can bat at the ceiling fan chains. I'm forced to hold him on my shoulder while he swings away. Hmmmmm.........

Another great set of pictures Chris!!

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Another black cat trait: Muddy has trained me to pick him up so that he can bat at the ceiling fan chains. I'm forced to hold him on my shoulder while he swings away. Hmmmmm.........
i thought i was the only crazy one that did that for my cat. Surprise Surprise
its Sloth my black cat. He jumps into my arms, climbs up my shoulder and waits until i walk by the fan chains. sneaky lil monster but Chris the pics are awesome!!! I love the black butt it makes Kizzy SEXY, no let me rephrase that....it makes Kizzy the SEXIEST boy around!!! lol

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those pictures are fantastic, Chris. You put me to shame. My cats are so lazy and sleepy it's hard to catch funny moments -- oh yeah I remember having kittens now, they were fun to photograph!

Great cat tree too. We've had the same cat tree for about 10 years now, they'e really worth the $$. Good price for yours though.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FootersOwnsMe

i thought i was the only crazy one that did that for my cat. Surprise Surprise
its Sloth my black cat. He jumps into my arms, climbs up my shoulder and waits until i walk by the fan chains. sneaky lil monster but Chris the pics are awesome!!! I love the black butt it makes Kizzy SEXY, no let me rephrase that....it makes Kizzy the SEXIEST boy around!!! lol
OK I admit it. I can often be found walking around my house at strange hours of the night "moth" hunting with Flutterby on my shoulders. She likes to jump up and catch them. I'm a sucker!
LOL or sometimes I stand on chairs and lift her up.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't think it could get any funnier than your last thread. I was wrong.

You are sooo great at picking captions!

I love the white cat, black butt pic and Kitchi getting smothered and groomed.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahahahahaha! This is a great series of pics, Chris. Kitchi and Kizzy look like they're getting along very well. I love the pic of Kizzy engulfing Kitchi!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aswient

You really have some cuties there. It looks like they're really enjoying it. I think I'll be going to Walmart today.

Thanks for the pics.
Thanks, let me know if you get it
It should be cheaper for you in the US... It comes with an extender bar if your ceilings are higher than average.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

My (OTB) Max used to pin the kittens down with 1 paw while they flailed their legs to get away. He'd sometimes tackle them like this.

And OMG!! I never saw a white cat with black butt before!

Another great set of pictures Chris!!
Yup, Kizzy does the same thing at times LOL.... and please, noone tell Kizzy about riding on your hoomans back to catch those pesky ceiling fans

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Those pictures are fantastic, Chris. You put me to shame. My cats are so lazy and sleepy it's hard to catch funny moments -- oh yeah I remember having kittens now, they were fun to photograph!
LOL, Sam, your's are ADORABLE

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

OMG!
He doesn't just grab him, he lays on top of him!
yup.... mauls it, smothers him, tries to bunny kick him, LOL.... I think Kizzy looks in the mirror and see's an 8lbs cat

Originally Posted by Mollysmom

I didn't think it could get any funnier than your last thread. I was wrong.

You are sooo great at picking captions!

I love the white cat, black butt pic and Kitchi getting smothered and groomed.
Thx

Originally Posted by myfamiliars

Hahahahahaha! This is a great series of pics, Chris. Kitchi and Kizzy look like they're getting along very well. I love the pic of Kizzy engulfing Kitchi!
engulfing, thats a good word.... sometimes you only see Kitchi's tail or a paw LOL.