Daily thread: HAPPY JULY 4th everyone

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G'morning folks.

Happy July 4 to all who celebrate

Looks like our rain might be lifting here today.
still gonna be cool but the dampness should be gone.

Just doing the usual, house work, groceries, etc. oh and I have to pick up a couple extra things for DD's birthday party tomorrow.

Have a great day folks

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy 4th of July!

Have a great day / weekend to everyone who will be celebrating!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

Happy Fourth to all The American Members

Cloudy and quite cool here this morning, so cool in fact I turned up the heat for a bit to take off the chill...

It is the annual sport-bike rally here this weekend so needless to say it is a bit of a noisy place. Lots of activities going on and tons of people.

Nothing to special planned for the day, going to call my sister in a bit and see if she wants to go shopping this morning before the stores get to busy.

Other then that just hanging out at home inside or out will depending on the weather.

The kitties are good, I set my shopping bags out this morning and they are playing in them. I can see the tip of Pixie's tail in one, and Linus peering out of the other. Sassy is sitting in the chair thinking they are being silly.

Everyone have a great day

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy 4th of July!!!
Overcast and a bit cool here today in Madison WI. It is an erie quiet outside right now. There is NO ONE out save a few souls like me who had to run to the store, and that is not the norm here. I live right near a main road to the "Big City", lol, and it is really a ghost town at the moment. I am picturing everyone sleeping off last nights festivities and or planning todays events.
I have no plans for today sad to say, but I am interested in what people do here for the holiday. I live in a very multicultured neighborhood, and am quite currious how they will all celebrate the day, if they choose to at all. I may write a paper on it for no other reason except it interests me.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Happy 4th of July to all the members in the USA!

It's alternating sun and clouds here, so I might go out and get som gardening done in a bit...I've got some weeds in te garden tha look like permanent additions.

After that (or if the weather goes downhill) I've got two quilts I wnt to finish up so hopefully it'll be a nice relaxing day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello All!!

A partly cloudy day. I've been water in different garden areas moving the sprinklers every 90 minutes. Will continue until we leave at 10:30 this morning.

Have a very sore left wrist/forearm this morning for some unknown reason. In fact might have to wrap the wrist for more support. Hope this disappears later today.

Peeled a bunch of carrots and cut up celery to take along today. One of my SIL has all her brothers/sisters and their families out to their pond for the annual cookout.
Everyone brings grilling food and other stuff to pass and share. Lots of goodies!

The temps are to be in the upper 70's-I'll bring a swimsuit and perhaps if I get warm enough I hang out in the water for a bit.

Thats the plan for today.

Thankfully no manure tankers running down the road today but I did see well they are open topped tractor trailers on the other road by us as its haying season. Those aren't so bad as the manure ones.

Have a good 4th!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy 4th July!
Not much planned for me today, just hanging out.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Fourth everyone!

Cloudy with intermittent thunderstorms possible today (that's been the weather just about every day for the past two months!)

No plans - except maybe to watch The Patriot later today. Figure that's kind of "4th of July" oriented.

Laurie

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'll be heading over to my parents house to do some laundry in a bit. After that, we'll probably grill some hamburgers outside and have dinner. The forecast is partly cloudy, but there are supposed to be some thunderstorms about, so we may end up having to cook them inside. Nothing special planned for later in the evening. I'm in between classes, so I'll just relax and enjoy the fact that I don't have anything hanging over me.

Happy 4th
to my fellow Americans and I hope everyone else has a great Saturday.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy 4th everyone!

It rained overnight, which is a great thing because of all the fireworks that people light up in our neighborhood. We have a wood shake roof. It's now warming up and getting muggy.

DH and the neighbor drove over the state line yesterday to buy the fireworks that they won't sell in my state. We lit a few off last night (the cats could care less, even the outdoor ferals) and will light off the rest tonight. Our dogs just smile and wag their tails when they hear fireworks - we've trained them to think that they are fun things.

Dinner tonight: BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, tortellini salad, potato salad, home grown tomato salad, and home made ice cream. We're splitting cooking with the neighbors.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to my BIL/MIL's for pulled pork and rotisserie chicken done on the bbq. Last year we did the bbq. We were staying home to relax but they invited us. The 2nd was the BIL's birthday also so we usually celebrate our birthdays during the 4th.

Happy 4th!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy July 4th to all those across the Pond! Obviously, it is not a holiday here in France but I have some Americans from Georgia staying in my cottage right now, and they asked me if I knew of any way they could celebrate. So I took them to our local cafe/bar which by chance was organising a musical evening tonight. I told the owner and the singers that I had Americans with me and it was their national day, and the whole evening was done with an American theme, as well as classic French songs. They even sang 'Georgia on my mind' for them. It was all very local and villagy but we have just got home and I think they really enjoyed it. I know for sure they have never celebrated the 4th before quite like that! We sat outside with cows looking over the fence at us and the sound of the river in the distance. Most people there were local and I introduced them to my neighbours and friends. A super evening.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Happy July 4th to all those across the Pond! Obviously, it is not a holiday here in France but I have some Americans from Georgia staying in my cottage right now, and they asked me if I knew of any way they could celebrate. So I took them to our local cafe/bar which by chance was organising a musical evening tonight. I told the owner and the singers that I had Americans with me and it was their national day, and the whole evening was done with an American theme, as well as classic French songs. They even sang 'Georgia on my mind' for them. It was all very local and villagy but we have just got home and I think they really enjoyed it. I know for sure they have never celebrated the 4th before quite like that! We sat outside with cows looking over the fence at us and the sound of the river in the distance. Most people there were local and I introduced them to my neighbours and friends. A super evening.
That was a very nice gesture on the part of the establishment...It is nice to Know that world-wide people understand the meaning of home, heart and country.....I am not American however I would hope that is I was spending Canada Day which was July 1st in another country I could expect the same courtesy....
Kudo"s

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We almost didn't make it to the fireworks display tonight. First, we were supposed to grill some ribs but it was raining so we ended up cooking them in the over instead and that ended up taking forever. Every time we thought they were done it turned out they were not fully cooked! Then we were afraid they might cancel the fireworks due to the rain. It rained all day but then it finally let up about 6 pm, just in time! So we ended up going to see fireworks after all.
This year we went to a different suburb's fireworks than we usually do and it was really good. The only downside is they started a lot later than the other suburb because the other one shoots their fireworks over the lake where there are no lights to deal with. The upside is that this one had a really good band playing and a much better parking situation.

I recorded a little bit of the band playing but I don't know if this link will work:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/vi...3781229&ref=nf

Here are a few photos I took:

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

We almost didn't make it to the fireworks display tonight. First, we were supposed to grill some ribs but it was raining so we ended up cooking them in the over instead and that ended up taking forever. Every time we thought they were done it turned out they were not fully cooked! Then we were afraid they might cancel the fireworks due to the rain. It rained all day but then it finally let up about 6 pm, just in time! So we ended up going to see fireworks after all.
This year we went to a different suburb's fireworks than we usually do and it was really good. The only downside is they started a lot later than the other suburb because the other one shoots their fireworks over the lake where there are no lights to deal with. The upside is that this one had a really good band playing and a much better parking situation.

I recorded a little bit of the band playing but I don't know if this link will work:

OMG those photos are stunning!

Happy belated July 4th to everyone!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

Awesome photos!