Precise Plus Kitten food

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How does this food sound for a comparable to my RC kitten 36...

I like how it only has corn gluten vs corn gluten & corn like my RC, however i am not sure about some of the other ingredients..herbal and such

http://www.precisepet.com/defaulting...pluskitten.htm

now i don't even know if my kitten will eat this but thought it might be worth an ask before i purchase.

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not "the best", but it's not terrible at all. Corn gluten is the fifth ingredients, which is better than lots of pet foods. However there are better at the same price-Chicken Soup, Felidae, Natural Balance, ToTW, BG, SG Indigo Moon, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fattykitty

It's not "the best", but it's not terrible at all. Corn gluten is the fifth ingredients, which is better than lots of pet foods. However there are better at the same price-Chicken Soup, Felidae, Natural Balance, ToTW, BG, SG Indigo Moon, etc.
Thanks, i have chicken soup in my rotation already, they won't eat TOTW, not tried BG but i am mixed on offering those here since the bulk of my cats are males, never tried indigo moon? who is it by??

forgot felidae not tried it... have to go look it up lol i don't want NB here i had some dry food from their last recall so I would prefer not to bring that brand in again..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before grain is Merricks attempt at grain free ... By the ingredients and the % I am VERY NOT impressed with it ... Indigo moon is solid golds attempt at grain free again another I am not thrilled with as much of the protein comes from Potato due to it being the second ingredient, though its protein is MUCH higher than BGs which is more in line with grain containing without the UTI health benefits

the precise is good one meat and multiple grains does not make me real happy but

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, it's not exactly cheap so if it's not really great, not much point.. i think a 3.3lb bag of kitten was 16$ and change CAD

Originally Posted by sharky

Before grain is Merricks attempt at grain free ... By the ingredients and the % I am VERY NOT impressed with it ... Indigo moon is solid golds attempt at grain free again another I am not thrilled with as much of the protein comes from Potato due to it being the second ingredient, though its protein is MUCH higher than BGs which is more in line with grain containing without the UTI health benefits

the precise is good one meat and multiple grains does not make me real happy but

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by followedbydolls

Thanks, it's not exactly cheap so if it's not really great, not much point.. i think a 3.3lb bag of kitten was 16$ and change CAD
Really? In my town it's $21 for an 11 pound bag.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Really? In my town it's $21 for an 11 pound bag.
what country are you in? that is what the store sold it for, the kitten precise plus ...

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by followedbydolls

what country are you in? that is what the store sold it for, the kitten precise plus ...
I'm in the USA. I guess it varies place by place...anyway, it's not my favorite food. It's a little low in protein and fat and that could be harmful for a kitten. I was just listing it as an example off the top of my head.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I'm in the USA. I guess it varies place by place...anyway, it's not my favorite food. It's a little low in protein and fat and that could be harmful for a kitten. I was just listing it as an example off the top of my head.
I'm in Canada, prices are generally higher. Anyways, yes i don't think i am going to try that food, still on the hunt for a RC 36 replacement.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Acana has a Grain containing line which is good and normally in Canada very very reasonable $$$... The minimum protein for a kitten food via affco is 30% so IMHO any kitten food with at least 33 is okay( one needs to figure out where the protein is coming from ... mainly chicken meal on a 34% IMHO is better than mainly potato in a 46%

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Acana has a Grain containing line which is good and normally in Canada very very reasonable $$$... The minimum protein for a kitten food via affco is 30% so IMHO any kitten food with at least 33 is okay( one needs to figure out where the protein is coming from ... mainly chicken meal on a 34% IMHO is better than mainly potato in a 46%
You mean like this one?
http://www.championpetfoods.com/acan...rmulation=pffc

I have a sample/trail pack of that one here but nobody seems to interested, even my kitten who is way more food friendly only sniffed and left, grain frees just don't seem to be accepted here.

Thanks for the % i will look some more today at the shops.