New Taste of the Wild canned food

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried the new grain free TOTW canned food? Here is the info:

"A great tasting complement to the Rocky Mountain Feline Dry, or a standalone diet for your special cat. The combination of animal proteins will provide your cat with ideal protein nutrition for a lean body condition and optimal amino acid nutrition. Vets recommend feeding wet food as part of your cat's diet to lower carbohydrate intake and to increase water intake, both important features in feline nutrition. Satisfy your cat's nutritional needs by feeding this Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain Feline Formula in Gravy along with Rocky Mountain Feline Dry.

Protein 8.5%, Fat 3.5%
Calories: 998 kcal/kg, 156 kcal/can Calculated Metabolizable Energy
Available in 5.5 ounce cans

Ingredients
Salmon, salmon broth, chicken broth, chicken liver, chicken, ocean fish, egg whites, potato starch, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, roasted venison, guar gum, natural flavor, tomatoes, sodium phosphate, calcium carbonate, dl-methionine, salt, potassium chloride, taurine, choline chloride, chicory root, iron proteinate (a source of chelated iron), zinc proteinate (a source of chelated zinc), yucca schidigera extract, vitamin E supplement, cobalt proteinate (a source of chelated cobalt), blueberries, raspberries, copper proteinate (a source of chelated copper), thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate (a source of chelated manganese), folic acid, niacin, sodium selenite, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin D3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, vitamin A supplement, potassium iodide, vitamin B12 supplement, biotin."
Thank you

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TC eats the dry. I would like to know where this is sold so I can try out a can with him.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rockstarkitties

Has anyone tried the new grain free TOTW canned food? Here is the info:

"A great tasting complement to the Rocky Mountain Feline Dry, or a standalone diet for your special cat. The combination of animal proteins will provide your cat with ideal protein nutrition for a lean body condition and optimal amino acid nutrition. Vets recommend feeding wet food as part of your cat's diet to lower carbohydrate intake and to increase water intake, both important features in feline nutrition. Satisfy your cat's nutritional needs by feeding this Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain Feline Formula in Gravy along with Rocky Mountain Feline Dry.

Protein 8.5%, Fat 3.5%
Calories: 998 kcal/kg, 156 kcal/can Calculated Metabolizable Energy
Available in 5.5 ounce cans

Ingredients
Salmon, salmon broth, chicken broth, chicken liver, chicken, ocean fish, egg whites, potato starch, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, roasted venison, guar gum, natural flavor, tomatoes, sodium phosphate, calcium carbonate, dl-methionine, salt, potassium chloride, taurine, choline chloride, chicory root, iron proteinate (a source of chelated iron), zinc proteinate (a source of chelated zinc), yucca schidigera extract, vitamin E supplement, cobalt proteinate (a source of chelated cobalt), blueberries, raspberries, copper proteinate (a source of chelated copper), thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate (a source of chelated manganese), folic acid, niacin, sodium selenite, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin D3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, vitamin A supplement, potassium iodide, vitamin B12 supplement, biotin."
Thank you
Haven't seen it here yet
I would definately try it though. I feed TOTW dry

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For what I understand is quite new.....most websites don't even have yet. I saw on TOTW website.....I am interested in their dry as well. Found out today that a local vendor has the dry but no cans yet. I hate paying so much for shipping

wishiwas

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Interesting.. I wish they showed you what it looks like, so I could get an idea of the texture.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been waiting for them to come out with a wet food. Unfortunately, it appears that even the mail-order websites don't yet have it in stock. The product list indicates that it is "in gravy" which is good for my cats. Most of them won't eat pate of any kind.

TOTW sent me two good-size sample packages of the dry food when I was checking out different foods for my kitties. I wonder if they would send samples of the wet food? It's worth a try anyway.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I sent an email to TOTW asking about the new canned food. This is the reply I got.

Sorry, the canned formulas are not available yet. We don't have a date
set yet. Hopefully, the canned formulas will be available by August.

Pam Libbert
Customer Service Representative
Diamond Pet Foods

It looks like they put the information on the website before they were quite ready. I hope they get into production soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I sent an email to TOTW asking about the new canned food. This is the reply I got.

Sorry, the canned formulas are not available yet. We don't have a date
set yet. Hopefully, the canned formulas will be available by August.

Pam Libbert
Customer Service Representative
Diamond Pet Foods

It looks like they put the information on the website before they were quite ready. I hope they get into production soon.
WTH? Thank you for your info...you would think they would at least have a note on their website.......

cococalypso

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't wait til' it comes out, I REALLY hope our Tractor Supply will stock it, so far we don't have the cat food, but we JUST got the dog food a few months ago, hope we get both cat foods soon! Especially since my hubby works there and discount!

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UGH... I love their dry food, but can't feed it because of the fish content...now, when they finally come out with a wet formula, it, too, has fish in it.
sigh.

Art

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless TOTW comes out with non fish canned foods, I will not try it. I stay away from fish based foods cause of Charlie's UTI. We feed chicken, lamb, beef, venison.