Firecracker countdown.........

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10 days until Firecracker our new Singapura boy joins our family. We sure are looking foward to him and I will be sure to post many pics upon his arrival.
Will the bengals mascot him or will he be their new king? I wonder?

When our Maine Coon arrived, he found his place as a part of the group, neither Alpha cat nor lowest on the pole. He just sort of blends in.

I have heard though, that Singapura's, in spite of their diminutive size can be quite the dominant cat. Will be interesting to see what happens.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can not wait to see pictures.
I have seen Singapura's at the CFA cat shows and the judges said they are the smallest breed of cat in CFA.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of getting a Singapura after Whisky's number is called. I'm going to take a break for awhile first.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I can't resist saying this... Every time I look at your signature for Firecracker, I see that little explosion and the way his name sort of flows out of his backside and I wonder if his farts will be as loud as a Firecracker, and then I collapse giggling.
I can't help it. I'm such a dork.

I do hope he settles in and gets along well with the other cats!!!! And doesn't have Firecracker farts...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not having a good week. Firecracker has scratched a quarter size wound on the top of his head near his ear.

His breeder naturally wants to get that resolved before we get him. So, not getting him this weekend.......again.

I will post pictures of the wound as soon as I upload them to my website files.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, that looks horrible and painful!

So sorry you're having to deal with all these kitty health issues right now!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh my gosh, that looks horrible and painful!

So sorry you're having to deal with all these kitty health issues right now!
Thanks Betsy.
You've always been supportive and kind. Teri and I appreciate you alot.

Octavia's death is a great blow to us as she was not only to be on our show team but she was to be spayed and be one of our forever pets.

I know this might not make sense to some of you, but Betsy knows what I'm saying.

Sorry, Teri and I are a bit frazzled right now.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Sorry about Octavia Nial.
I hope Firecracker feels better and you get him soon.
Thanks for all the help with my sister.
Thanks Jackie. I'm sure Firecracker will recover quickly and we will have him soon.
I'm pleased if I have had any hand in helping your sister get a great show quality bengal.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Thanks Betsy.
You've always been supportive and kind. Teri and I appreciate you alot.

Octavia's death is a great blow to us as she was not only to be on our show team but she was to be spayed and be one of our forever pets.

I know this might not make sense to some of you, but Betsy knows what I'm saying.

Sorry, Teri and I are a bit frazzled right now.
Awww, this is the first time I'm hearing about anything bad happening to her

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is just too bad. Poor kitty. Hope all is better soon and you finally have your little cutie! Gorgeous kitty btw! Now we just need to get you a Sphynx!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you are dealing with this on the top of what happened with Octavia.... Many for Firecracker, I hope he can join you soon!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about Octavia

Hope Firecracker heals soon.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Here are the pics of the wound and scratch.

I just wanted to mention that this looks very similar to what Pixel did to herself a while back. This is between her shoulder blades, so is definitely somewhat different. It started out fairly small.

Then she scratched it larger.

You can see here the dark spot where her fur is growing back now to get an idea how large it finally got.

The vet's diagnosis was that it was itching her so badly, she just couldn't stop scratching. She had to wear shirts made out of old socks for weeks and received two steroid injections and antibiotics before she got better.

I hope it doesn't take so long with Firecracker, poor thing. Many for Firecracker, for you and Teri and the rest of your cat family.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Nial, when it rains it pours eh? I'm so sorry.... for everything. ( in Chris terms, THIS SUCKS).

Small blessing though, you obviously have an awesome breeder, and I'm glad that Firecrackers wellbeing is being put before anything

and many that it heals up well and quickly