Tuscany Action Shots Pic Heavy

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuscany has recently been spayed and is staying as one of our forever pets, as she is my favorite girl of all the breeders we've had over the past 12 years.

She's not so flashy, but she has excellent type and she's FUN! At 3 years old and a 5 litter mom this girl still plays like a kitten. I expect she'll be leaping like this as an old lady many years from now.

Preparing to attack da bird

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy cow those are awesome pictures! And I don't care what you say, she looks flashy to me
. Then again, I don't know a thing about bengals really other than they're all beautiful
. Pretty girl- glad to hear you're gonna keep her!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mismaris777

Holy cow those are awesome pictures! And I don't care what you say, she looks flashy to me
. Then again, I don't know a thing about bengals really other than they're all beautiful
. Pretty girl- glad to hear you're gonna keep her!
What a gorgeous kitty and awesome action shots!
ANy time I see your pic threads, I have to check them out
!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Do I ever say anything but..She's so gorgeous Nial or he's so gorgeous....

I really mean it though. She's so pretty!!
Thank-you Sam! And since you're a judge now, please allow me to tell you what I think her fine points are......

At 3 years old, her tummy is still whited....very hard to achieve in this breed!

Her head is wild, small rounded ears, perfect muzzle alignment and profile, big nocturnal eyes, puffy whisker pads.

She's got the build. Long body, super muscular with great structure.

I know when you become an all breed judge you will take into consideration that bengals are supposed to emulate the asian leopard cat and that a flashy coat is great but not the ultimate goal.
Bengal pelts now surpass anything the ALC has, so if we as breeders want to continue to breed for a domestic that looks like an ALC, we have to breed for structure as well as the flashy paint job.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that Nial. I really want to embark on my Shorthair judging journey in the next 5 years. I'm starting to become more in tune with certain shorthair breeds now. I can pick out a top BSH and BUR from a mile off - but since IMO Bengals still have a lot of developing to do here, am finding it harder. I noticed her excellent facial type, just love that squareness to the muzzle - is that what they are meant to have? It wouldn't go astray on a MCO.

By whited do you mean that it hasn't developed colour - light brown?? It looks really stunning.

ETA: On second thought maybe it's those puffy whisker pads making her more square in the muzzle? They are great!

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's some seriously wild kitty action. She looks like a cheetah!

You must have a very good camera to catch all of that. Whenever I try to catch Aya doing something crazy she comes out looking like a kitty blur...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

By whited do you mean that it hasn't developed colour - light brown?? It looks really stunning.
No, by "whited", I mean her belly. You will not see this in any other cat. Wild cats, tigers, leopards etc. have white belly's in contrast to their upper coat color. The Asian Leopard Cat has a white belly with black/brown spots, just like Tuscany has.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!
If anyone says Tuscany isn't beautiful, I'll personally come and kick their butt!
She may not have big rosetting, but she is gorgeous. Her fur is so soft and shiny and she is muscular and just WILD looking. I
her white belly, too, and I have seen your pictures of her kittens. They were all beautiful! I'm so happy you are keeping her. She will be so happy having a home with you forever, where she can play and leap with da bird with all those little kittens and stay young for all her years.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW she is gorgeous!!!
I want a bengal soooo bad!!! She really has a jump on her! Thank You for sharing, i always enjoy your pics of your kitties!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's really beautiful

I love this shot! She looks like she's driving !

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's 3 years old ALREADY?!?

My how time flies like a Bengal!

She's kept a wonderful figure after having 5 litters - she's been a great momcat, and I know she'll be thrilled to spend the rest of her years just having fun.