Question of the Day: Thurs. July 2

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmmm. I have 2 choices, either pull a question out of my book of questions, or think up one.

Let's go with:

What is on your desk? (post pics if you want
) Might make it more interesting.

My desk currently has computer/printer, a shelf of computer books (photoshop, flash, actionscript, etc), the other shelf has assorted binders with programming stuff in em, assorted printer papers...... I have a statue, some Webkinz, snake books, cards to be mailed, discs, cat vet handbook, stationary, pens, my purse, camera, water bottle, too many prescription bottles, a "to be file" cubby, some mints, battery charger.....some change and a flyer.

Yup, "The Pile" needs to be cleaned again.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a good question.

Let's see, on my computer desk I have 2 monitors, color printer, speakers, a microphone, glasses, a TI-83+ calculator, Chap Stick, nail clippers (for the cat), a Fur Buster, a Zoom Groom, the Token that I have to use to access my work network, a bag of Goldfish crackers, 3 cans of cat food, the Fallout 3 video game, the book "Woe Is I: The Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English In Plain English" and a few stacks of miscellaneous papers and pens. Down on the shelves underneath, I have another printer, 3 Russian books, a mathematics CRC, my router, cable modem, and UPS's for my computer.

Here it is in all its glory:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for being a good sport and posting a pic

I'm slightly envious of the two monitors. That would come in soooo handy for my web design/programming
But I don't see how I could fit another one. Hmmm I could prolly move the cds and vet book to the right of my existing monitor, then put one there, but it would have to be a specific size because of the shelf (that way I could push it back till it hits the cubby).

Here's mine....starting to resemble "The Pile" again.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I'm slightly envious of the two monitors. That would come in soooo handy for my web design/programming
But I don't see how I could fit another one. Hmmm I could prolly move the cds and vet book to the right of my existing monitor, then put one there, but it would have to be a specific size because of the shelf (that way I could push it back till it hits the cubby).
I just added the 2nd monitor in the Fall when I replaced my 6 year-old computer. It's really spoiled me because it's so convenient to have one application up on each. For example, I normally surf the web on the left monitor, so I can have Word up on the right on and my web browser on the left one looking up stuff for whatever I'm writing. It's even better when I have online classes because I can have the class up on my right monitor and surf the web on the left.

By the way, I see that you have the same cat book that I do on your shelf.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a desk. Since I'm pretty much always using my laptop I'm currently snuggled up in bed typing away. I use a desk to study when I'm at Tech but that's not mine really so I'm not going to take a pic of it!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually my desk is quite small, it is an old phone desk from the 40's. It does have shelves along the side for my printer and extras (paper, books, and such) . It has two small drawers for my pens, papers, and junk. However the top is only big enough for my laptop and a few pictures.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I'm on TCS mostly from work
so here's some pics of my work desk when my baby kitten Oedi came to visit

On top of my desk

sitting like a little man on my computer

helping me with the phones

supervising my TCS activity

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

It's even better when I have online classes because I can have the class up on my right monitor and surf the web on the left.

By the way, I see that you have the same cat book that I do on your shelf.
Nice
but thats the same thing I was thinking.... doing webdesign and programming on one screen, IM'ing, and webbing on the other screen... Saves have 20 browser windows open LOL.

aye, it is a good book eh. Well worth the $ for it (which wasn't bad either).

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I don't really have a desk. Since I'm pretty much always using my laptop I'm currently snuggled up in bed typing away.
My laptop walks to different places.... Currently it is hooked up to the tv in the rec room so we can watch movies.... other times it is in the living room up here (watch tv and do web stuff at the same time) and occassionally it is up in the kitties room
Although I made a mistake once.... I left it in there, when Pax and Kitchi had just come to me (cuz I was in there so often, feeding them and such) but I left it in overnight... The next day I noticed the cord had a bunch of teethmarks in it
Luckily no real damage done, and my laptop is only in there when I am in there

Originally Posted by tierre0

Actually my desk is quite small, it is an old phone desk from the 40's. It does have shelves along the side for my printer and extras (paper, books, and such) . It has two small drawers for my pens, papers, and junk. However the top is only big enough for my laptop and a few pictures.
One advantage of small, less to keep tidy

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

sitting like a little man on my computer
awwww.... Great pic. What are those stuffed toys? Beanies? (or they look like stuffed toys, below the kitty)

I noticed some Starburst on your desk
love em myself. Used to bring them to school all the time.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

awwww.... Great pic. What are those stuffed toys? Beanies? (or they look like stuffed toys, below the kitty)

I noticed some Starburst on your desk
love em myself. Used to bring them to school all the time.
they are Strawberry Shortcake dolls
and a few stuffed kitties

I always have Starburst on my desk!
helps get me thru the day

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my computer desk is an end table from my living room set. We couldn't fit it in the living room so it became the computer desk in the bedroom! (I wasn't joking when I said I have a TINY apartment)

lets see I just cleaned it so....

I have my monitor, mouse, speakers, a cup full of pens, two mugs (one is filled with coffee) the other has some tape for my knees. A spool of Blank CDs, tape, a stuffed bear from my grandma, sunglasses, some rocks, a coupon holder and a filer holder that has my to be mailed bills. And that is it. oh yeah it has my keyboard as well.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I'm at work and I don't know how to get a picture from my phone to the web so can't take a picture. I have a phone, my monitor, keyboard and mouse, a box of kleenex, printer, a couple pictures, paper clips, stapler, calculator, tape dispenser and lots of stacks of papers and files, lol.

ETA: and a half dead plant

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My legs is / are (
) my desk today!

I do have a proper computer desk in the cupboard that was my bedroom but that`s were I make cards now and it is a little messy

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This could actually take all day to list! Papers, papers, and more papers, an external floppy drive that I bought on ebay, antique toothpicks holders, my Grandma's wedding band, cat books and figurines, tarot cards, an empty plate (I just ate a donut), a coffee cup, a can of compressed air, bracelets, several pair of glasses, ink pads and stamps, a beanie baby frog, a miniature tomstone decoration from Halloween, genealogy folders, pens, pencils, markers, orajel, flower seeds, an action figure fromt "The Golden Compass" movie, prescriptions from a year ago that I've never filled, antique postcards, a Hello Kitty doll, a gargoyle statue, several witch figures, a couple of Statue of Liberty figures, candles, and a box that contains some fur from my beautiful kitty Belle who died several years ago.

Good heavens, I just realized I forgot to mention the computer, monitor, speaks, keyboard, and mouse!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At home, I have a small writing desk instead of a computer desk with shelves so there not much room for a lot. But theres my monitor, keyboard, mouse pad and mouse, speakers, phone on charger, a couple empty soda cans, a coffee cup containing with what used to be coffee and is now greenish/blue fuzzy sludge (ewwww....), a pack of cigerattes and lighter, an ashtray that needs emptied, a candle and a bottle of Fabreze (a necessity!) Oh, and I just found a pencil!! Now, my desk at work is another story....

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My desk is a disaster and I would be far too embarrassed to post a picture.
I'm a huge slob at home (at work is another story, I'm almost OCD clean there) and I have everything under the sun on my desk, pretty much. Don't even ask about the floor around my desk. LOL!!