Question Of The Day - Wednesday, July 1st!!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy July 1st....Happy hot weather, happy hurricanes, thunderstorms and tornadoes! It always seems like July has the most extreme weather. Last week it was sunny, hot (92 °F and above) and humid. This week it's rainy and on the cool side (55 °F).

Here's today's Question Of The Day......it's kind of hypothetical, and influenced by my line of work. I work quite frequently as a surgical assistant, for a very talented, aesthetic plastic surgeon.

If you could have a plastic surgery procedure done free of charge, and be guaranteed a good, natural looking outcome, no complications....exactly what you wished for....would you do it? If so, what would you have done? If not, why wouldn't you?

I would probably do it. I'd ask the surgeon what he thinks would improve on my looks. I'm guessing upper and lower blepharoplasties (eye lid surgery), maybe a full face laser resurfacing, or possibly a mini-facelift. I do have a single, deep, vertical frown line between my eyebrows, that I'd Botox for sure. Studies have shown that forehead Botox injections have the ability to lessen migraine headaches...BONUS!!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Happy July 1st....Happy hot weather, happy hurricanes, thunderstorms and tornadoes! It always seems like July has the most extreme weather. Last week it was sunny, hot (92 °F and above) and humid. This week it's rainy and on the cool side (55 °F).

Here's today's Question Of The Day......it's kind of hypothetical, and influenced by my line of work. I work quite frequently as a surgical assistant, for a very talented, aesthetic plastic surgeon.

If you could have a plastic surgery procedure done free of charge, and be guaranteed a good, natural looking outcome, no complications....exactly what you wished for....would you do it? If so, what would you have done? If not, why wouldn't you?

I would probably do it. I'd ask the surgeon what he thinks would improve on my looks. I'm guessing upper and lower blepharoplasties (eye lid surgery), maybe a full face laser resurfacing, or possibly a mini-facelift. I do have a single, deep, vertical frown line between my eyebrows, that I'd Botox for sure. Studies have shown that forehead Botox injections have the ability to lessen migraine headaches...BONUS!!!
Full body sculpting - if I am going... I am going all the way!

I am actually going to do thid some day - need to get a job first

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would ask to have a new nose, I HATE mine and would love to have it smaller....

Kids used to call me Concorde when I was at school, I was bullied an awful lot because of the shape of my nose...I was upset all the time.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmmmmmmm.........To be honest, I don't think there is one specific physical alteration that would make me feel better about myself, more like several

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my age, the only thing I would want is a Lifetime Lift. It keeps the turkey neck at bay and lifts a little to lose some of the wrinkles in your lower face.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too would like to get rid of the deep frown line between my eyebrows with the help of Botox. Also I have super thick eyebrows and I would like some of that hair permantely removed. Also a breast reduction would be great-make clothes easier to find and wear.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a big nose, and people would probably think that is what I would have done, but it would completly change the way I look, and well, this is me, like the nose or not!
I would have lipo done on my neck though, I could diet myself down to my birth weight and still have this double chin thing happening.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think I'd change anything. I wouldn't be myself anymore and I dont think I'd want to do that. (Even if I do complain about my boobs constantly
)

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think so, I believe that the flaws and faults that we have give us character. Plus the fact surgery scares the you know what out of me and would be the last life and death resort I think....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

hmmmmmmmm.........To be honest, I don't think there is one specific physical alteration that would make me feel better about myself, more like several
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Liposuction!
all that.

Even if I'm down to my "normal" weight, I have a few things I would like to have "fixed"

-love handles....even as a fit teen I had em.
- lower belly....my skin did not respond well to carrying my 11lb daughter, and I'm left with a pouch that I HATE.
- inner thighs.... even when I was weight lifting, and very fit, the tops always touched
- boobs... want small implants.

(lower belly would be the first....it is what I am most self concious about) If I get rid of that, I would be so much happier with myself.... exercise will not do it because it is stretched out skin from pregnancy plus losing a substantial amount of weight.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea what it is called, but I'd get the procedure done where it gives you a jawline, I have a very weak one and I've always like how strong jawlines look

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I have no idea what it is called, but I'd get the procedure done where it gives you a jawline, I have a very weak one and I've always like how strong jawlines look
That is why I would like lipo done, my familys' genes are not the best for a jaw, or a chin. My face just sort of bleeds into my neck.*sigh*
On the upside of genetics, from my fingernail thread, I could seriously scratch anyones eyes out if they comment about that!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's a tough one.
I've never been proportionate and all the pretty tops I find don't fit right across the chest, so a slight breast enlargement would be nice.
Lipo on my cottage cheese would also be nice, but so would a face/neck lift.

I can't decide!