TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Question Of The Day - Wednesday, July 1st!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Question Of The Day - Wednesday, July 1st!!!

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Happy July 1st....Happy hot weather, happy hurricanes, thunderstorms and tornadoes! It always seems like July has the most extreme weather. Last week it was sunny, hot (92 °F and above) and humid. This week it's rainy and on the cool side (55 °F).

Here's today's Question Of The Day......it's kind of hypothetical, and influenced by my line of work. I work quite frequently as a surgical assistant, for a very talented, aesthetic plastic surgeon.

If you could have a plastic surgery procedure done free of charge, and be guaranteed a good, natural looking outcome, no complications....exactly what you wished for....would you do it? If so, what would you have done? If not, why wouldn't you?

I would probably do it. I'd ask the surgeon what he thinks would improve on my looks. I'm guessing upper and lower blepharoplasties (eye lid surgery), maybe a full face laser resurfacing, or possibly a mini-facelift. I do have a single, deep, vertical frown line between my eyebrows, that I'd Botox for sure. Studies have shown that forehead Botox injections have the ability to lessen migraine headaches...BONUS!!!
post #2 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo View Post
Happy July 1st....Happy hot weather, happy hurricanes, thunderstorms and tornadoes! It always seems like July has the most extreme weather. Last week it was sunny, hot (92 °F and above) and humid. This week it's rainy and on the cool side (55 °F).

Here's today's Question Of The Day......it's kind of hypothetical, and influenced by my line of work. I work quite frequently as a surgical assistant, for a very talented, aesthetic plastic surgeon.

If you could have a plastic surgery procedure done free of charge, and be guaranteed a good, natural looking outcome, no complications....exactly what you wished for....would you do it? If so, what would you have done? If not, why wouldn't you?

I would probably do it. I'd ask the surgeon what he thinks would improve on my looks. I'm guessing upper and lower blepharoplasties (eye lid surgery), maybe a full face laser resurfacing, or possibly a mini-facelift. I do have a single, deep, vertical frown line between my eyebrows, that I'd Botox for sure. Studies have shown that forehead Botox injections have the ability to lessen migraine headaches...BONUS!!!
Full body sculpting - if I am going... I am going all the way!
I am actually going to do thid some day - need to get a job first
post #3 of 22
I think I would ask to have a new nose, I HATE mine and would love to have it smaller....

Kids used to call me Concorde when I was at school, I was bullied an awful lot because of the shape of my nose...I was upset all the time.
post #4 of 22
hmmmmmmmm.........To be honest, I don't think there is one specific physical alteration that would make me feel better about myself, more like several.
post #5 of 22
I don't think I'd do anything. I'm pretty happy with what I've got.
post #6 of 22
At my age, the only thing I would want is a Lifetime Lift. It keeps the turkey neck at bay and lifts a little to lose some of the wrinkles in your lower face.
post #7 of 22
I too would like to get rid of the deep frown line between my eyebrows with the help of Botox. Also I have super thick eyebrows and I would like some of that hair permantely removed. Also a breast reduction would be great-make clothes easier to find and wear.
post #8 of 22
I have a big nose, and people would probably think that is what I would have done, but it would completly change the way I look, and well, this is me, like the nose or not!
I would have lipo done on my neck though, I could diet myself down to my birth weight and still have this double chin thing happening.
post #9 of 22
I dont think I'd change anything. I wouldn't be myself anymore and I dont think I'd want to do that. (Even if I do complain about my boobs constantly )
post #10 of 22
I don't think so, I believe that the flaws and faults that we have give us character. Plus the fact surgery scares the you know what out of me and would be the last life and death resort I think....
post #11 of 22
Liposuction!
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheylink View Post
hmmmmmmmm.........To be honest, I don't think there is one specific physical alteration that would make me feel better about myself, more like several.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl View Post
Liposuction!
all that.

Even if I'm down to my "normal" weight, I have a few things I would like to have "fixed"

-love handles....even as a fit teen I had em.
- lower belly....my skin did not respond well to carrying my 11lb daughter, and I'm left with a pouch that I HATE.
- inner thighs.... even when I was weight lifting, and very fit, the tops always touched
- boobs... want small implants.

(lower belly would be the first....it is what I am most self concious about) If I get rid of that, I would be so much happier with myself.... exercise will not do it because it is stretched out skin from pregnancy plus losing a substantial amount of weight.
post #13 of 22
I have no idea what it is called, but I'd get the procedure done where it gives you a jawline, I have a very weak one and I've always like how strong jawlines look
post #14 of 22
Boobie lift!!!! Just to bring those bad boys up to where they were 20 years ago.
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I have no idea what it is called, but I'd get the procedure done where it gives you a jawline, I have a very weak one and I've always like how strong jawlines look
That is why I would like lipo done, my familys' genes are not the best for a jaw, or a chin. My face just sort of bleeds into my neck.*sigh*
On the upside of genetics, from my fingernail thread, I could seriously scratch anyones eyes out if they comment about that!
post #16 of 22
Wow, that's a tough one.
I've never been proportionate and all the pretty tops I find don't fit right across the chest, so a slight breast enlargement would be nice.
Lipo on my cottage cheese would also be nice, but so would a face/neck lift.

I can't decide!
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl View Post
Liposuction!
Paula!......


Maybe a "Bionic-eye" like Steve Austin!...
post #18 of 22
My face i'm ok with, but get the body sorted out
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
My face i'm ok with, but get the body sorted out
That about says it.
post #20 of 22
Boobs. I want slightly bigger boobs, like a C maybe. That's all, though.
post #21 of 22
I would like to have a tummy tuck and lipo! Is their any thing out there that makes stretch marks marks go away? If so I want that too. I also would like something done to get rid of the scars on my face from acne. I also would like a lift! I was a C cup in 6th grade I so I never got the joy of perky boobs want to keep them the same size maybe shape them a bit, but I like the size. Does laser hair removal count? I would love to have that done too!
post #22 of 22
There are some things, like liposuction, I think, "Man, I want to do that." But I know I wouldn't. I have problems with my body but I'm working hard to change it with exercise. Sometimes I hate the way my face looks but I wouldn't change it, because I like to see features of much-loved relatives peeking out at me from similar features to there.

If I thought that everything would go right and all the scars would vanish I would consider some of those surgeries, but a) I've heard to many horror stories and b) I'm absolutely terrified of hospitals and surgery!

I think the plastic surgery makes women (and men, too) take away confidence in our natural selves and teaches us that if we get DDD boobs we will be finally completely happy with ourselves.
I don't mean to offend at all. JMO.

P.S. I'm aware I've made conflicting points.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Question Of The Day - Wednesday, July 1st!!!