Kitten Update

teche05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Note to self: Newborn kittens are like newborn human babies. Their needs vary on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

We were concerned that he didn't eat so much today. For the past 10 days he's been nursing from a curved end dropper. Tonight? After he struggled with the first dropper fill; I switched to the straight end dropper. He ate 7 droppers full and cozily fell asleep while I was cuddling him. I also dabbed his right eye with Neosporin on a cotton swab.

Yeah little trooper!

Sha heart, he's so sweet!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, he was hungry. It is kinda hit and miss until you figure what works for them. And yes, they are a lot like newborns. I have a pair of bottle babies that are now off the bottle but boy are they a lot of work. They are worth it though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teche05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

YES!!

I hope you are getting some sleep!!!
"He's" a joy to care for, so the lack of sleep is nothing! Also, since it's summer break, my 15yr old daughter is doing daytime duty and she keeps the log updated.

Thanks for the applause!

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a sad /happy story....I feel bad for the ones that died....thats such a shame....but wonderful news that the one you have seems to be doing ok now....Anything thougths on if you will help the momma cat since you say she is a good cat ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teche05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nance

This is a sad /happy story....I feel bad for the ones that died....thats such a shame....but wonderful news that the one you have seems to be doing ok now....Anything thougths on if you will help the momma cat since you say she is a good cat ?
Yes, our intention is to bring her to the vet for a complete visit and have her spayed.

Sunday morning was so traumatic for the entire household, we never want to see that happen again.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats great to hear....I sure hope this all works out...pls keep us updated