Do you like blackberries?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH is painting my mom's house for her, but on the way over there he stopped at a country store and bought me fresh peaches, blackberries, and tomatoes. Now I am waiting patiently at home for those blackberries. They are the big kind that come from thornless canes. I love them! It doesn't matter that I have to get up early in the morning. It doesn't matter that I will have to work at two prisons for anywhere from 11-13 hours tomorrow. I know I'm going to stay awake half the night watching TV and eating blackberries.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I love them! I like all berries really, but I really like blackberries and raspberries. YUMMY!

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh. Three of my favorite! Blackberries, peaches, and tomatoes. I love blackberry cobbler.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them too, all of them! I love your attitude about the berries, isn't it funny how something so simple and so small can really brighten your day! What a nice husband.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blackberries, yuuumm! I love to make a summer fruit salad with blackberries, peaches, strawberries, and apricots. Cut up the peaches, apricots, halve the strawberries, toss in the blackberries and add just a little orange juice. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. That is if I can ever have any blackberries or peaches left after I get through munching on them.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
L
blackberries. Haven't had any in ages, they're so expensive in the stores. When I was a kid, it often took me longer to get home than it should have because I was always in the blackberry bushes that grew wild along the side of the road. Those were the days

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love blackberries. When my family would go to upstate NY on vacation, my friends there and I would go blackberry picking. Fresh ones were soooo good. Now I buy them at the store when they are on sale (a small container is usually $3.99 when they aren't on sale!)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YUM I love blackberries. I'm addicted to berries and Mum reminds me everytime I open a new packet that they have a laxative effect on me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

I love them too, all of them! I love your attitude about the berries, isn't it funny how something so simple and so small can really brighten your day! What a nice husband.
Thanks! I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses. Now I want to try a bumble berry pie. And the blackberries were wonderful. I like to pick wild blackberries, too, but they just aren't around here the way they once were. I ran out of my basket late last night, so tonight it's peaches!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Thanks! I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses. Now I want to try a bumble berry pie. And the blackberries were wonderful. I like to pick wild blackberries, too, but they just aren't around here the way they once were. I ran out of my basket late last night, so tonight it's peaches!
Once you have tried a bumble berry pie there is no going back they are soooooooooo good. My grandmother made the best ones and the recipe was so simple. Just a regular pie crust, 1/3 blackberries 1/3 raspberries and 1/3 strawberries.. about 1/3 of cup of regular white sugar, a splash of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of corn starch to thicken the berries. Bake until the crust is golden brown and serve with fresh made whipped cream....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh I love them! Any berries really!!! I bought some strawberries on Monday and finished off the container myself on Tuesday. Since then I've done a number on the grapes I bought too.
I've gone fresh fruit crazy lately. Not necessarily a bad thing...except for that laxative effect Sam mentioned!

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I love blackberries. When my family would go to upstate NY on vacation, my friends there and I would go blackberry picking. Fresh ones were soooo good. Now I buy them at the store when they are on sale (a small container is usually $3.99 when they aren't on sale!)
My cousins and I used to pick raspberries around our family camp in the Adirondacks when we were growing up. We never got back with enough for a pie or anything. Man those were good!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Once you have tried a bumble berry pie there is no going back they are soooooooooo good. My grandmother made the best ones and the recipe was so simple. Just a regular pie crust, 1/3 blackberries 1/3 raspberries and 1/3 strawberries.. about 1/3 of cup of regular white sugar, a splash of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of corn starch to thicken the berries. Bake until the crust is golden brown and serve with fresh made whipped cream....
It sounds delicious! Thank you for the recipe. I had never heard of bumble pie, but it's one of those things I know I'd like without ever having tried it.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE them! I found a wild blackberry patch in our backyard and I'm going to harvest now. I actully picked a bowl full last week, but ate half of them before I get in the house...then the rest were snacks. I even got a container of french vanilla icecream to put them on...but they were gone so DH ate the icecream. Guess I have to go to the store again.