First I soaked them

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I had a drink container in my bag that I didn't know leaked so I soaked my wallet and its contents. So, I put it outside on the patio table in the sun that was about a gazillion degrees. I went out to take the stuff in and the sun had warped all of my credit cards.

This morning I was putting my credit cards in my new wallet. I took my 2 Amex cards out so that I could call in and get new ones. About the same time, my housemate borrowed my cell phone because her charger broke in hers. She left with my cell phone.

Now, I don't have my cell or my Amex cards. I sure hope that she has the cards with her. I guess the cards didn't like being washed and dried.
The money didn't seem to mind the laundering.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Now, I don't have my cell or my Amex cards. I sure hope that she has the cards with her. I guess the cards didn't like being washed and dried.
The money didn't seem to mind the laundering.
I've soaked lots of things.... cards and cell phones included... you're lucky the phone didn't get it too...

Paper money wouldn't mind getting soaked... here's some trivia for you: it's not paper. It's cotton fiber. Crane Paper Company has held the contract with the treasury since the beginning, and their paper is made from cotton, not paper pulp.

I worked for a high end stationers for a while and did special order invites and such... Crane was one of our vendors and we had to watch a video from them about their paper and company... that bit of trivia came from that video. That's also why the counterfeit pens work the way they do when you're at the store. But counterfeiters are getting around that as well... there's more on that... working in retail gets you some interesting trivia.

Amanda