Stupid Fire Crackers!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Cammy. I've never seen her so scared of something (besides my sisters dog). They were shooting them off at the park and she was growling at them! She got so scared she hid under the bed. She's never done that! Even with the vacuum, it scares her, but she just moves away from it. Poor cat, it's only going to get worse too.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Know the feeling both Linus and Pixie hate firecrackers and there have been a tons of people setting them off this weekend. Tomorrow is Canada Day(July1st) but it seems that people have started early.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The neighborhood kids have been randomly firing them off for 3 months now. I have had enough. The other night we had the A/C off and the poor baby kept waking up crying

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Aww poor baby, my cats don't seem bothered by them, but they are doing them right in our Cul-de-sac tomorrow night, so we shall see
It's worst on a Cul-de-sac isn't it Helen! Ugh. I used to love them too.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that they are illegal in our county. There are sometimes the undereducated that still bring them in from other counties, but so far we haven't heard any. I'm making sure all doors and windows are secure on the 4th though, just in case.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

I'm so glad that they are illegal in our county. There are sometimes the undereducated that still bring them in from other counties, but so far we haven't heard any. I'm making sure all doors and windows are secure on the 4th though, just in case.
LMAO Doesn't stop them from setting them off over here.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

LMAO Doesn't stop them from setting them off over here.
That's why I said so far.....I'm actually surprised that we haven't heard any yet, all I can figure is they are saving them all for Saturday. Either that or the fires last year really put the fear in people. Though I just can't see our slightly redneck attitudes changing that easily.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once again...I'm soooo glad that I don't have any neighbors! Spud is pretty easy going and didn't seem to bothered by them much when we lived in town. Thai is a scaredy cat and would be so freaked out by the noise. If a pine cone hits the roof, he's off to hide.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Where I am its always noisey months before, and my one cat in particular is very scared, he runs close to the ground and meows. I talk to him and pet him and then he finds a place to hide. One of my cats was a stray, he was in my back yard and terrified of all the fireworks he was running from corner to corner of my backyard to get away from them. I felt so terrible for him, I brought him in and he's been here ever since. Now on the 4th of July all the windows will be closed tight and the air conditioner on and I'll keep the Television sets and a radio on. Hopefully it will muffle the sound a little.