I cheese grated my finger

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was making dinner and grating up some cheese and my thumb got in the way
It hurts really bad! Then when I was draining the water from the pasta I burned my middle finger. Just bad luck for my in the kitchen tonight.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that to my knuckle before. It hurts really bad.

I had a bad day for hurting myself too. I dropped a metal shelf on my finger and sliced it open today at work.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am ALWAYS grating my knuckles - you would have thought that I should have learned by now.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry!! That reminds me of one of my own kitchen accidents- I stuck my finger in a meat grinder on accident. It was a manual one and didn't do much damage to my finger but it hurt like hell...Ehh stupid kitchen tools.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was working in a deli once and sliced the tip of my left index finger off. A week later, did it again, same finger...hurt like H*LL!! Few days later, got fired...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Even the thread title made me cringe!
Owie!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch....it hurts... I know.
I tend to grate my knuckle like the other poster mentioned.

I peeled my finger once
It was bad, the hospital was talking skin grafts
but it just wasn't quite wide enough at the bottom... It's like a triangle shape. It healed up pretty good, but I still have a nifty scar from it

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I was working in a deli once and sliced the tip of my left index finger off. A week later, did it again, same finger...hurt like H*LL!! Few days later, got fired...
I did that a few times, only it was usually my thumb that I would get. I'm amazed it always grew back.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watch out! You know things happen in threes

This is probably one of the reasons I steer clear of the kitchen and all it`s evil tools!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks pretty gross today I might need to call the Dr. to make sure it is not infected. Its kinda oozing
and my finger is a little swollen

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

It looks pretty gross today I might need to call the Dr. to make sure it is not infected. Its kinda oozing
and my finger is a little swollen
ewwwwwwwwww.

Thx for sharing

seriously tho, definately watch for infection... I used some stuff from the hospital on my "peel" (looks like plastic wrap)...keeps the bad stuff out, and the good stuff in... after that I used those bandaids, the fast healing ones... forget what they are called, but they do the same thing as the wrap did. Sealed it up air tight, which was needed for mine because it was deep... I don't know how deep yours is, but you may want to look for those bandaids. I'll see if I can find out what they were called.

Like these: http://www.en.elastoplast.ca/product...ing/76487.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is deeper then I thought it was thats for sure. There was just so much blood at first I didn't see how bad it was I just wanted to make sure it was clean and covered. I think I would be embarrassed to call the Dr and be like "Yes I cut my thumb with the cheese grater......"

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

It is deeper then I thought it was thats for sure. There was just so much blood at first I didn't see how bad it was I just wanted to make sure it was clean and covered. I think I would be embarrassed to call the Dr and be like "Yes I cut my thumb with the cheese grater......"
Check out the bandaid like.... it sure sounds like mine when I did it... The bandaids act like a scab, allowing your body's natural fluids to help heal it, instead of having it dry out. Call the doc tho if you're worried it may be infected...but I swear by those bandaids.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouchie! I am another knuckle grater here, and once I sheered off a good part of the side of my thumb along with some of the nail, still doesn't grow back right many years later.

Do take care of it and I hope its not infected.
Recovering from kitchen mishap for you and your thumb.