My Ragdoll Lita passed today

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today my sweet 7 year old Ragdoll passed away peacefully on my from porch while I sang to her about 8:00am. I was waiting for the vet to come in to put her down. Lita passed very gently. She got diagnosed with kidney disease last January. I hand fed her SD KD wet food through a syringe for 7 months because she preferred it that way. I gave her fluids and medications also but it just was not enough for her
Lita started slipping fast in the last 2 weeks and was having trouble walking. I just feel that she was taken from me too young. Lita is in cat heaven. She knew how much I loved her and I feel a piece of me died with her today. Lita loved to ride in the car and go and visit the vets office with all the animals. I took her there twice a week. Please rest in peace my sweet Lita. Your daddy misses you very much and I did all I could to keep you happy while on this earth for such a short time

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad she had you there to sing to her while she passed away.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who just recently loss a kitten too young, I can completely understand your grief of Lita's passing too soon. RIP sweet angel
you are not in pain anymore, and look in on your daddy from time to time.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad she had you there to sing to her while she passed away.
RIP Lita I am sure it gave her great comfort to know you were there

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know how hard it is to see your pet slipping away so fast and you feeling powerless to stop the hurt. It is an incredibly tearful experience to go through. But I also know that there's a huge sense of relief when they do finally pass, ending the suffering. It definitely sounds like she died happily, with you there and singing to her. I'm sure it was a great distraction for Lita. It's so sad, 7 is too young for her to be taken from you. You'll never forget her, I'll bet that.

Lita

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Sweet Lita
Look over your dad, he misses and loves you very much... Play with little Pax, Kitty, Maisie, Uncle Loui, Pong, Mai Sai, and all other friends from TCS... We all prayed for you very much Lita, and I am sure you are in a better, happier, pain free place now...

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, sweet Lita
!!! She is in cat heaven, and no longer suffering. How sweet you were singing to her, what a peaceful and lovely way

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your precious girl was accompanied on her journey by your loving song.

Rest in peace sweet Lita.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sad to pass so young! But in the short time she was here she was loved and cared for, went to the Bridge peacefully and will always remember your voice until you meet again.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m so sorry for your loss. I`m glad she got to pass peacefully with you there to comfort her.

Rest in peace sweetie

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry .... prayers for you as you heal, and thanks that you were able to give her love right to the end.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Lita. She was so young.

My Dusty also has CRF and she is only 6. I dread the day.

Lita

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how sweet and sad that you sang to her.
You are a wonderful, amazing person to hand feed her and care for her and medicate her and give her fluids. Because of you, she passed on peacefully and in the arms of someone she dearly loved, and because of you her last months were not horrible and painful like they could have been. Now she is your angel and I am sure she is watching over you.

Rest in Peace, Lita.