A "Da Bird" Warning (for humans)

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
[ Wasn't sure where else to put this, so I apologize if it's not in the right place. ]

Just a bit of a heads up about the wand part of Da Bird. The little rubber tip fell off the bottom of the handle and while playing with Niko, my hand got a bunch of tiny, barely-able-to-be-seen, fiberglass (or some kind of fibered material, not quite sure) splinters stuck in it. It took me well over a week to find and get them all out, and man, it was painful.

I can't imagine what would have happened if Niko had gotten some of those stuck in his paws, or even worse, his mouth (as he's one to chew on his toys if left to his own devices).

Note: If, on the off chance you do get the same issue as I did, duct tape works wonders on getting these splinters out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beturtlement

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I think mine is a wooden toggle that i hold?, but newer ones may be different now as i've had mine several years.
That's a possibility... I got mine maybe a little less than a year ago, I'm not quite sure. The one I have, is all black and was made of, what I thought, was plastic. It has three pieces- two pieces that fit together in the middle to make a long pole (with a rubber end bit on the bottom), and the feathery toy part. I know I didn't get some kind of knock-off brand, either, 'cause the packaging and toy look just like the one on the manufacturer's website, which I bought at PetSmart.

I'm sure if the rubber bottom stays on, it should be fine- but for those of you with the non-wooden ones, just make sure the rubber stopper thing stays on and the pole itself doesn't get bent to the point that it splinters. I should have glued mine back on when it popped off, but I had no idea it was there for such a good reason. LOL

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh hang on!, sorry, i'm thinking of The Cat Dancer!!

I have the Da Bird as well though, but again mines several years old, and mines got a rubber tip on the end of what looks like a metal pole?

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I know what you mean. I just bought one that is two pieces to make a large pole and the one piece splinter and wouldn't fit onto the other. I better put tape over the end to make sure I don't splinter myself.