Bringing shots current

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What shots are required in Texas? I'm moving there next month. My cats haven't been poked for anything since their kitten shots.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure no state requires the combo or leukemia shots. But people who live in Texas should have more info for you. It's required to have a current rabies certificate to bring an animal across state lines. It's not likely you'd be stopped and asked for the certificate, but better safe than sorry.

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just rabies in the state of texas and most city acept three years a few dont.
Make sure you register with what ever city you live in.
even if its a county
every pet has to be registered. They must have there rabies to register them.
Now with that said most people dont. But if your pet gets picked up by animal controle. They will wright you a ticket for not being registered with the city.

My city cost 6 buck if there spayed or neutered if not its like 15
The other city I lived in was free is there where fixed. and 5 if they where not

So it changes.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Regardless or not if they are required, I think it would be in your cat's best interests to get them all UTD. Especially with traveling, they're more likely to get out and catch something that can be prevented. It would be devastating if they got something like feline leukemia.

And all I know is that rabies is required when you travel from state to state with cats or dogs. Best of luck to ya on your move!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes

What shots are required in Texas? I'm moving there next month. My cats haven't been poked for anything since their kitten shots.
Rabies, annual. The other shots are in between you and your vet...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PBSJ_1988

Just rabies in the state of texas and most city acept three years a few dont.
Make sure you register with what ever city you live in.
even if its a county
every pet has to be registered. They must have there rabies to register them.
Now with that said most people dont. But if your pet gets picked up by animal controle. They will wright you a ticket for not being registered with the city.

My city cost 6 buck if there spayed or neutered if not its like 15
The other city I lived in was free is there where fixed. and 5 if they where not

So it changes.
Dallas it is yearly - both of my vets do the registration automatically for me - I do the shots and get out of there registered.

Originally Posted by Willowy

I'm pretty sure no state requires the combo or leukemia shots. But people who live in Texas should have more info for you. It's required to have a current rabies certificate to bring an animal across state lines. It's not likely you'd be stopped and asked for the certificate, but better safe than sorry.
You will need a health certificate issued by your vet, within 10 days from the date of your trip. Make sure to have that with you, otherwise you might have trouble.

Originally Posted by mismaris777

Regardless or not if they are required, I think it would be in your cat's best interests to get them all UTD. Especially with traveling, they're more likely to get out and catch something that can be prevented. It would be devastating if they got something like feline leukemia.

And all I know is that rabies is required when you travel from state to state with cats or dogs. Best of luck to ya on your move!
You need to discuss this with your vet.... IMO it depends what your traveling plans are - the cats need to exchange bodily fluids to get leukemia or aids, so the odds of that happening are slim to none, considering they will be crated, etc. etc.
Where are you coming from?

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow its good to know dallas is only one yearmental note dont move there LOL

Well I know for sure galveston and seabrook and liberty are three year. They accept both one and three.

It oes vary by city you would have to check with the city your moving to.