Company and pee! (rantish)

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me start off with a description of the layout of my apartment....

I have 2 bedrooms, with 1 ajoining bathroom, I keep 1 litter box in the guest room, and 1 in the bathroom.

My company, rightfully so, slept with their bed room doors closed (one to hall, one to the bathroom) and I said to them, that the bathroom door that leads to my bedroom will need to stay open so teh kitties can get to at least one box. Sure easy enough, no problem. WELL someone went to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and did not re-open my bedroom door....

At 7:30this AM I wake up to a warm sensation on my leg..... then I realize its a warm wet sensation....
I feel to figure out waht is going on, and then I relize Tonks is trying to cover something, like she does in the litter box... I smell my hand and sure enough, she had PEED ON ME IN MY BED!

At this time, I start to freak, then I look and notice that the bathroom door is closed, so of course I can't be mad at Tonks, she was just letting me know that well, she had to pee and couldn't get to her box!

What makes this even worse is that my company didn't offer to help clean my bed, or my sheets and they didn't even say sorry! They just went about making coffee while I scrubbed my mattress!

I just needed to vent... thank you!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't going to help but ( I apologise in advance) the mental image of you waking up to Tonks peeing on you makes me giggle.

That said.... I'd be peeved at the situation. An apology would have been the least they could do. I could see how they could forget to open the door but still, they need to be accountable for their actions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

This isn't going to help but ( I apologise in advance) the mental image of you waking up to Tonks peeing on you makes me giggle.
Alright, fine... I guess that part is a "wee" bit funny... now!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think was very rude of them to not say they were sorry. Sure it was an accident they left the door closed, but they could have appologized!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Alright, fine... I guess that part is a "wee" bit funny... now!
She's a smart kitty tho. Look at it this way, if she didn't pee ON you and wake you up, she might have had more than one pee outside the box
at least this way she was able to assure herself access to her box.

Seriously tho, I'd be more than pissed (no pun intended) at the company not apologising or offering to help. That was quite rude of them

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweetie, I think the lesson here is that the next time you have company, set the guest room litter box outside the door of the guest room during the night, and pull the litter box in the bathroom into your bedroom during the stay.

I'm sorry they didn't even say anything! Hope you don't have to invite them back!

Laurie

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Sorry, but me too. I am all to familiar with what it feels like to be woken from a sound sleep by pee. My girl Amber is famous for that

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Sorry, but me too. I am all to familiar with what it feels like to be woken from a sound sleep by pee. My girl Amber is famous for that
wow... that sounds like a lotta pee!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ummm. Me thinks that would be a LOT of pee (and I have a perfect smiley for that, but won't post it in case it would be deemed inappropriate)

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Sweetie, I think the lesson here is that the next time you have company, set the guest room litter box outside the door of the guest room during the night, and pull the litter box in the bathroom into your bedroom during the stay.
I agree with Laurie. Ok they should have apologised, but when your half asleep and in someone elses house?

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I'm sorry they didn't even say anything! Hope you don't have to invite them back!

Laurie
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I agree with Laurie. Ok they should have apologised, but when your half asleep and in someone elses house?
You both may be right, I've never done that... maybe I will need to start, I typicaly have overnight guests 1-2x/month and this has never happend.... though I've never had this couple over either....

Oh well, live and learn

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I guess the "other lesson" is to be happy you don't have a bobcat!

Laurie

Yes!

While it may have been an accident for your guests to forget, it would have been more than polite for them to apologize. If I was your friend, I would have been horrified at my mistake and apologized all day.
But I love cats and their needs mean a lot to me so that could be part of it....

Everyone else is right though, the image is pretty darn funny.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

Yes!

While it may have been an accident for your guests to forget, it would have been more than polite for them to apologize. If I was your friend, I would have been horrified at my mistake and apologized all day.
But I love cats and their needs mean a lot to me so that could be part of it....

Everyone else is right though, the image is pretty darn funny.
Oh!! I forgot to mention that these were my cat loving family members, lol. Oh well, whats done is done! At least I have a select comfort bed and was able to take off the top of the bed to wash it and dry it outside....

Anyone know how ot get out urnie oder?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You MUST MUST MUST use an enzyme cleaner. !!!!!!!!!!!! This is the ONLY thing that will get rid of the smell to the kitties! The one most readily available most places is Nature's Miracle. It works, but it's not best. It can be added to your wash, and if any of the mattress got pee in it, you must COMPLETELY soak the area with the enzyme cleaner. Lay a folded over towel over it and make the bed - change the towel every day. But you soak the area, let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes, blot up the excess, and you HAVE to let it air dry. No cheating and using a hair dryer or something, it makes it not work right.

Laurie

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

You MUST MUST MUST use an enzyme cleaner. !!!!!!!!!!!! This is the ONLY thing that will get rid of the smell to the kitties! The one most readily available most places is Nature's Miracle. It works, but it's not best. It can be added to your wash, and if any of the mattress got pee in it, you must COMPLETELY soak the area with the enzyme cleaner. Lay a folded over towel over it and make the bed - change the towel every day. But you soak the area, let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes, blot up the excess, and you HAVE to let it air dry. No cheating and using a hair dryer or something, it makes it not work right.

Laurie
I actually got Natures Miracle already, took the top of the mattress off, soaked it, and layed it outside in the sun all day... it helped but it still smells to me! SOOOOOOO I stripped my bed AGAIN this morning and did the same thing, minus the outside drying, so we'll see. They kitties were deffinatly paying extra attention to the spot last nigh, ugh! luckily, no accidents

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 cups hydrogen peroxide
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 drops liquid dish soap

Mix and soak the smelly area and allow to dry. Your problems will be solved.

Enzyme cleaners are a big waste of money, IMO. Any enzymes that may have been active during manufacturing quickly die and are ineffective.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hey now
I'm very happy that I have a bobcat....ummm, bobcats
Awww......... it was just a joke about the amount of pee. I didn't mean to offend! And we LOVE your bobcats! (Of course we're still waiting - pretty patiently, for the most part, I might add! - for current pictures!) ...And, of course, we're happy that you're willing to put up with Amber peeing on you!

Laurie