I hate irresponsible people

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am unsure of what to do. I believe this kitten belongs to my neighbor across the street. A few days ago I heard a kitten cry. It was in a cage on their front lawn. They have gone away and left this poor sweetie. I saw kids playing with it at the park. Then yesterday I saw it jump off another neighbors balcony about a 15 foot leap. Then a stranger brought the kitten to me, and asked If I knew who it belonged too. I was shocked when I saw how small she is. You can feel every bone in her body. She is able to eat canned food with milk mixed in. She uses a litter box well. DH say I need to give the kitten back to them when they come home. I want to take it to the city and give it to the SPCA. DH says they will probably put her down.

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is so terrible. People really need a wake-up call as far as pet care goes! The poor baby is so adorable.
She does have a fair chance of getting put down at the shelter. Have you tried to contact a no-kill rescue group? BTW, cow's milk isn't that great for kittens. Other milks are fine, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fattykitty

That is so terrible. People really need a wake-up call as far as pet care goes! The poor baby is so adorable.
She does have a fair chance of getting put down at the shelter. Have you tried to contact a no-kill rescue group? BTW, cow's milk isn't that great for kittens. Other milks are fine, though.
There is no other rescue places here. I am picking up some fresh goats milk in a few hours. I thought about giving them a piece of my mind. I don't think it would make a difference. I really don't want to give this kitty back to them. She deserves so much better.

fattykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

There is no other rescue places here. I am picking up some fresh goats milk in a few hours. I thought about giving them a piece of my mind. I don't think it would make a difference. I really don't want to give this kitty back to them. She deserves so much better.
I am so sorry. At least because she's a kitten she has a good chance of being adopting. Do any of your friends/relatives want cats? I wish you luck.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there no room for her within your clan? I see 5 cats listed in your siggy, so what is one more! 6 is a lucky number!
Don't gvie her back to the neighbors, they left her ouside in a cage? that is abuse, pure and simple.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could keep her. I actually have 3 Lucky I found on the lawn a few hours old. Gus was a feral kitten, and Mama is Gus's semi-feral Mom. I have been trying to find a home for Mama since last summer. She doesn't get along with other cats. She is isolated in my basement. I also have 2 dogs. 3 kids and a husband who doesn't like cats.
I think I have pushed him a little over the edge

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think it belongs to the same house that the one your daughter kept picking up belongs to?

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's adorable and it looks just like Lucky!! If you were in Oregon I would take it for sure! Good luck, maybe contact some rescues and explain the situation to them.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Do you think it belongs to the same house that the one your daughter kept picking up belongs to?
No this one is across the street. It is half the size of the black kitty.

Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

It's adorable and it looks just like Lucky!! If you were in Oregon I would take it for sure! Good luck, maybe contact some rescues and explain the situation to them.
I think I will phone the SPCA and see what they think I should do.
She does look like Lucky. My youngest is 5 she is convinced this is Lucky's baby sister

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beauty! I would NOT give her back to the neighbors! I would try to find someone who would give this little girl a good, safe and loving forever home!

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What an adorable little darling! Take her to the front door of a pet store and ask the people coming out with cat food if they can take her in. Someone will, for sure!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dh bought goat milk for the kitty. He said to phone the SPCA tomorrow and see if they can take it. He agrees the kitten isn't safe with the neighbors. They leave for weeks at a time. She needs more care than they will provide. She loves the goat milk.
At least for now she is safe, warm, fed and happy

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If your husband actually went and bought the goat's milk for this kitten, it doesn't sound to me like he doesn't like cats!

I'm afraid I wouldn't return it to the neighbor, but when all this is resolved (and I hope that is soon) you might mention to them where their cat went?