Found 2 tiny kittens...

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today while I was driving home, I pulled into my neighborhood I found 2 itty bitty little kittens. Got out and they were very sweet, and obviously weren't supposed to be there so I took them home. They seemed a bit surprised to be tossed into a car, and started meowing in the cutest, squeakiest voice ever! I think they're just about the cutest things that have been around since Jason was a kitten!

They're very young, but chowed down on the kitten food that we got them without any problems. We set them up their own little place with Buck's old kennel in a bathroom, and they just hid in the corner of it for awhile but now are doing fine. They're friendly little boogers, and are eating drinking and using the litter box just fine. We already have Alafair and Jason so we can't keep them, but we are going to keep them until they've grown up a bit and we find them a good home

I may be wrong, but I think that one's a boy and the other is a girl. The presumed boy is a bit quieter and more shy, while the girl is a little lovebug and explorer.

How old do you guess they are? They seem really, really young to me, but they are eating normal kitten food (both canned and dry) without any hesitation.

Anyway since I just got a camera charger yesterday... here's the pictures of the little guys!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some more pictures...

While Buck gets along well with cats, he wasn't too sure about these two tiny little fluffy things. They were not concerned at all with his presence though!

scoobydoo2345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
im taking a wild guess as i raised very very young kittens b4 since they really dont have the blue eyes as they usually have when they are born. im guessing anywhere between 5-8 wks. but someone will correct me eventually. but they are adorable.

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by scoobydoo2345

im taking a wild guess as i raised very very young kittens b4 since they really dont have the blue eyes as they usually have when they are born. im guessing anywhere between 5-8 wks. but someone will correct me eventually. but they are adorable.
Oh, their eyes are quite blue, but the camera flash messed up the coloring. That was another question I had... so the eyes are going to change color? I picked up the little fellows and was quite surprised to have two pairs of blue eyed staring back at me!

scoobydoo2345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they do change i dont remember how old they are when they change.. so they are younger. well this one stumps me lol. well the best i can say 4-7 wks. but other ppl might have opinions on how old. i rescued 5 motherless kittens and they all had blue eyes.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They don't look right, and by that, I mean they don't look like typical stray kittens, but more heavy of some pedigree cross than stray. I'm not sure what breed cross they are, I almost want to say they have strong siamese in them because of the shape of their face, but that may not be it. I am not saying they are pedigreed, just that their features are more unusual than most kittens that I have seen. I hope you have taken them to a vet for check-up?

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Hissy - I'm guessing someone's Siamese got nabbed by a stray tabby. They are beautiful - thank you for rescuing them. Most likely they were dumped.

I second Hissy's suggestion for a vet check, especially before your own animals have too much involvement with them. You never know.

I'd say they were 6 or 7 weeks.

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

They don't look right, and by that, I mean they don't look like typical stray kittens, but more heavy of some pedigree cross than stray. I'm not sure what breed cross they are, I almost want to say they have strong siamese in them because of the shape of their face, but that may not be it. I am not saying they are pedigreed, just that their features are more unusual than most kittens that I have seen. I hope you have taken them to a vet for check-up?
I was actually thinking that their faces looked more refined than I would expect, but I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to kittens. I was especially thinking this about the presumed boy. Not so much the girl, but the boy seems to be a bit more pointy-faced.

And they haven't been to the vet yet, I just found them last night. It's going to be coming up soon though...

Originally Posted by Ondine

I agree with Hissy - I'm guessing someone's Siamese got nabbed by a stray tabby. They are beautiful - thank you for rescuing them. Most likely they were dumped.

I second Hissy's suggestion for a vet check, especially before your own animals have too much involvement with them. You never know.

I'd say they were 6 or 7 weeks.
Yup, I was also thinking they were dumped. I'm just hoping that there weren't any others. I couldn't find any more of them, but I'm going back to look in a little while to be sure. I'm also thinking vet. Buck's the only one of our animals who's going to be coming in any contact with them (I don't trust our cats or our other dog to play nicely) but it seems like a good idea

Well, I'm glad to hear that y'all think that they're a bit older than I thought they were. They just seem so tiny and young, but I guess I'm comparing them to Jason when I got him at 8 weeks.

So y'all are thinking that they're a cross between some sort of purebred and a generic neighborhood cat? It doesn't matter, I'm just curious. And their color confuses me as well. The light of the camera makes their markings more defined, but looking at them in person they look to be almost one shade of dark gray with faint striping. Do you think they'll end up being dark and faintly striped as they are, or that they'll end up with more defined markings? I just haven't really seen adult cats (or kittens for that matter) with the same coloration and I don't really know what to make of it

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, they've found a home! They are both going to live with my aunt and uncle in Kansas City. Soo, my mom and cousin are driving up and meeting them halfway to deliver the babies! I know they'll have an awesome home with them, but I'm sad to see them go. I'm in love with the little guys

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

My thoughts exactly.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DuckDodgers

Well, they've found a home! They are both going to live with my aunt and uncle in Kansas City. Soo, my mom and cousin are driving up and meeting them halfway to deliver the babies! I know they'll have an awesome home with them, but I'm sad to see them go. I'm in love with the little guys
That's great news! At least you'll get to visit them!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy they found a home. Thank you for taking good care of them.

My first thought was an OSH cross. They're beautiful.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are just gorgeous! Lucky them for you being there. I would say around 7/8 weeks - they are a bit skinny but by what they are doing and the set of their heads I would guess at that. Their eyes may change very soon, but many Siamese have blue eyes so there again they may not - it will be another indication of their ancestry. If they are half Siamese or similar that would also account for them looking smaller and thinner than normal. At least whoever dumped them waited till they were weaned. People make me so mad.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

They are just gorgeous! Lucky them for you being there. I would say around 7/8 weeks - they are a bit skinny but by what they are doing and the set of their heads I would guess at that. Their eyes may change very soon, but many Siamese have blue eyes so there again they may not - it will be another indication of their ancestry. If they are half Siamese or similar that would also account for them looking smaller and thinner than normal. At least whoever dumped them waited till they were weaned. People make me so mad.
I agree with this entirely.

If they are coming to Kansas City, then they'll be in my neck of the woods!