My turn for a great day!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I had such a great day today!!

I went to work and had a great day! It was busy, but in a nice way; steady but not run off my feet. I skipped coffee and lunch breaks and got to leave early.

I got home, showered and got ready to go and meet my friend Alla. She was my BFF in high school and we used to have such fun. Other than an accidental run in back in the late 1980's at a night club, we had lost touch with one another. We recently reconnected on Face Book.

She sent me a message last week saying she was going to be in Winnipeg this week and wanted to get together. I just got home from meeting her!

She looks almost the same as she did in high school. A few more lines on her face, but just as cute and bubbly! She's lost most of her Russian accent though

We hugged and cried and jumped up and down in the middle of Starbucks!
People were looking at us like we were crazy!

We only got to spend about 90 minutes catching up because she had to get back to her Mom (she's not well), but it was so good to see one another!!

I went to Safeway and was looking to buy a roasted chicken. They only had one left in the case and the leg was mangled. I didn't care because I'm going to eat it anyway. But they insisted on giving me 50% off the price. So my already roasted chicken cost me $4.00!

Now I'm going to go and have dinner and watch a movie. Not sure which one. I think there is one with Kim Bassinger on VOD that looks good.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's awesome that you had such a wonderful day! I love it when the pace of a workday goes "just right"... y'know busy, but not crazy. Makes me feel productive
Great that you got to meet up with a long lost friend too. Not many people use Facebook for that particular purpose, I know I don't! So how long is your friend going to be in town?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

[So how long is your friend going to be in town?
She leaves to go back to Atlanta tomorrow! Her and her boy friend/partner have been doing the fertility clinic thing to try and have a baby. They've been using donor eggs and she has gotten pregnant 4 times in the last 7 months but had a miscarriage each time. They are going to try once more and if it doesn't work they are going to do the surrogate route.

We are going to talk about me going to visit her in Atlanta later this year once her baby making adventures are over. Between that and her Mom who has psych issues, she's pretty stressed out.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you had a great day...

It is always nice to connect with old friends you haven't seen for awhile and facebook is such a great way to get in touch with those people.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once again, YAY for great days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry about your friend stressing - for her and her mom. But how nice you reconnected!

Laurie